目前這個頁面上的某些資訊已經過時。所有的貢獻者相關的工作，包括線上與離線翻譯，都有 HOWTO 可以參考，您也可以在 工作與工具頁面中找到相關連結。
- Proper names
- Company names and product names should never be translated. Proper company names and product names should always remain in English, no matter what language you are translating for.
- People's names should remain in English for Latin-based languages, but you may transliterate them for non-Latinbased alphabets.
- For help with translating tricky constructions or technical terms, consult the translation-sharing site to: TAUS.
- Simply enter your desired text and then choose which language to translate it from and to. Not all terms are included for all languages, but this can be a helpful tool for completing accurate translations.
- Titles of works
- When you run across the title of a book, program, feature, distro, or other public work, check to see if that title has already been officially translated for your language (by the publisher or distributor), and if so, use that translation.
- If you cannot find a translation for that particular title in your language, do your best to translate it as accurately as possible.
- Units of measure
- Convert units of measure to make them relevant for the intended language or region.
- User interface terms
- Translate user interface terms as appropriate for your language.
See here for more information:
2. Glossary: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/glossary
3. Another Glossary: http://www.glossary.com/category.php?q=Computer
Guidelines specific to a Language
UserBase proposes to have Team Leaders for each language. Techbase may, at a later date, do the same. As we get leaders appointed, they will take charge of a page of guidelines for their specific language, where they will be named. They will have final say on any question relating to their language. The guidelines will be linked from Language-specific guideline pages.
Keeping up to date with development
I propose that the Discussion page attached to this page should be used for orderly debate about general issues noted, particularly issues where existing markup is causing problems. I would ask you to put a Watch on Talk:Translation_Workflow.
Getting a Better Understanding of the Process
For a fuller description of the Translate extension, read the description on the developers' website
Language-specific guideline pages
Volunteer Team Leaders, please link your page from here (or ask for help)