Before you Start
First Things First
- To contribute to TechBase you must register an account.
- Be aware that your contribution will be governed by the twin licenses for which icon-links are provided in the side-bar of each page. Click on the images in the Navigation Panel to read the details. You are agreeing to your contribution being publicly available and that others can use that information on their own sites.
- Use the Talk page to communicate with other contributors or get help. Normally someone will get back to you within a day.
It should relate to KDE software, directly or indirectly. We define it like this:
- For Potential Contributors - helping to get started
- For Existing Coders - keeping documentation of developments
- For External Interests - where other projects may have an interest in linking to your work
- Not for General Users - UserBase is the place for that
Working with Languages
- Preparing a page for translation needs more patience than skill. If you can spare short periods of time, frequently, this is a very helpful task.
- Translate a page. You need to be fluent in a language, but not a professional translator to translate a wiki page. Translating manuals is the skill of a special team.
- Translate with Off-Line Tools. Get the essentials for Gettext and Import.
- How To Convert UserBase Manual to Docbook gives you an insight into the process that takes place on your finished manual.
|It's important to be consistent, particularly in Manuals, so here are some general rules:
Hints and Tips
Some Preferences that will help -
- If you don't have  links against the sections, open your (in the section of the sidebar) then look for and in the set
- While you are in those settings, enable - while you are editing you can glance at the original display for reference
- The default display is to show the preview first, with the edit box below. If you prefer the edit box at the top you can change that setting in the same place