KNewStuff 2 (aka Masnak?)
Things you see here are incomplete and totally a work in progress
Classes will (mostly) be:
- A packager/uploader (Plasmagik)
- An Handler (Facility class created to manage files locally)
- A download GUI (Like the exixting one)
- A package manager (Like SK package manager)
- A class used to retrive *all* the information from a single entry (KNS::CompleteEntry)
- A model class to allow knewstuff integration into apps (It will contain all the informations availeable with the download dialog)
- Rename KNS::Entry, and, consequentially, KNS::CompleteEntry
What still needs to be done (getting rid of the above section)
- Merge DXS and GHNS download dialogs. Also check with usability guys.
- Add networking capabilities to Plasmagik.
- Finish the code for the metadata generation.
- The Handler, to locally manage packages.
- Write a cache removal strategy, that should be the last bit of the networking stuff.
- The CompleteEntry class, used also by the Handler, used to retrive all the availeable informations from an already downloaded package (needs to be written in a more detailed fashion)
- Anything else?
KNewStuff2 will store all the files in a specific dir. The layout of this dir, and all the related informations gan be found here.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.