Tutorials are the fastest way of finding out what KDE will do for you, and how to do it. Here is a list of currently available tutorials.
- Using Subversion with KDE
- A quick KDE-specific introduction how to work with KDE's version control system
- KDE 4 Programming Tutorial
- You are interested in writing applications with KDE 4? Here you get at tutorial which leads you from the beginners stuff to the advanced techniques.
- Debugging your application
- Tips, tools and techniques to apply when debugging your KDE application
- Writing Unittests for Qt4 and KDE4 with QTestLib (Original link)
- Tutorial by Brad Hards that describes how to write unit tests using the QTestLib framework. It is presented as an example based tutorial, and is still under development.
- Using Qt Designer to build user interfaces
- How to create UI files with designer, and how to integrate them into a KDE program
Managing Configuration Data With KConfig
- Using KConfig XT
- Tutorial on how to efficiently use the KConfig XT framework (available in KDE 3.2).
File Access With KIO
Components and Plugins
Application Automation and Scripting
- Creating Konqueror Service Menus
- This tutorial shows you how to create mimetype-specific actions in Konqueror's context menu (aka "servicemenus")
Search and Metadata
- Writing file analyzers
- File analyzers extract data from files to display in the file dialogs and file managers. The same methods to gather data you can use to search your files. KDE4 allows the use of multiple analyzers per file type. This tutorial describes how you can write new analyzers.
Rapid Application Development
- KDE-Python tutorial
- A python version of Daniel's KDE tutorial by Boudewijn Rempt.
- KDE Ruby Korundum tutorial
- A ruby version of Antonio Larrosa Jiménez's KDE tutorial by Richard Dale. See the Ruby Developers Corner for Qt tutorials and other info.
- Qt4 Ruby Tutorial
- Trolltech's fabulous introductory tutorial to Qt, translated to Ruby.
- Shell Scripting with KDE dialogs (German Version)
- Tutorial by Brad Hards that describes how to use KDE dialogs in shell scripts with kdialog. It is presented as an example based tutorial.
- Using and extending the KDE EDU Plot widget (docbook archive)
- This tutorial introduces Jason Harris' KPlotWidget that is part of the KDE EDU package. Contains information about defining your own widget in QT / KDevelop designer and about subclassing widgets and overriding member functions to extend functionality.
- KNewStuffSecure: a secure way to share resources
- Tutorial showing how to share resources in a secured way (KDE 3.4 and later).
KDE2 and KDE3 Materials
- KDE3 Tutorials
- These tutorials cover topics related to KDE3.
- KDE2 Tutorials
- These tutorials cover topics related to KDE2.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.