|This page has been nominated for deletion.
Reason: KDE 3 content: should be looked through for useful stuff before deleting.
If you disagree with its deletion, remove the template and discuss it on its talk page.
Tutorials are the fastest way of finding out what KDE will do for you, and how to do it. Here is a list of currently available tutorials for KDE3 development.
|If you are working with a newer version of KDE, such as KDE4, these tutorials are probably of limited use to you. For tutorials covering current KDE development topics, visit the main tutorials page|
- Qt Designer and KDevelop 3.0 for Beginners (Original Link)
- Qt is the toolkit used by the KDE project for developing graphical applications. Currently, translations are available through the original link. This paper, written by Anne-Marie Mahfouf, shows a beginner how to create a simple application using Qt Designer 3 and KDevelop 3. This tutorial is based on an application written by Jono Bacon and has been reviewed by Daniel Molkentin (for the KDevelop 2 version) and Thomas Nagy. Translations to German, Russian, French, Italian, and Romanian available at the original site. Brought to you by KDE-Women.
- KDE 3.0 Tutorial
- An excellent tutorial by KDE developer Antonio Larrosa Jiménez leading you from nothing to a fairly full featured web browser. Highly recommended for KDE 3.0 developers.
- Programming Tutorial for KDE 3
- Makefile.am HOWTO
- Make the KDE 3 build system work for you. This HOWTO shows you how to do most anything you would need to do to get your application to compile and install
Components and Plugins
- KDE User Interface Tutorial (XML GUI)
- Tutorial by KDE developer Kurt Granroth showing how to convert an existing KDE application to use the new XML based user interface builder.
- Creating KParts Component
- Tutorial on IBM DeveloperWorks, by David Faure shows developers how to create KParts components, under KDE 2 and KDE 3.
- Developing a Plugin Structure for a KDE Application
- This tutorial will take you through all the steps needed to write a plugin structure, plus plugins for your KDE application.
- Providing file meta-data support with KFile plugins
- Tutorial by Brad Hards that describes how to write a meta-data plugin for your favourite file format. It is presented as an example based tutorial.
- Embedded Components Tutorial
- Tutorial by KDE developer Kurt Granroth showing how to convert an existing KDE application into a component suitable for embedding in Konqueror.
- How to write Kontact plugins
- Kontact plugins
- KConfig Module HOWTO
- A small tutorial about writing a module for the KDE Control Center.
- Using the KDE dock widget
- Tutorial for creating widgets that dock to other widgets.
- Introduction to Get Hot New Stuff
- An introduction to the developer-friendly network update system that allows KDE applications to fetch new application data at runtime in a user friendly manner.
Components and Plugins
- KWin decoration styles
- Tutorial on creating decoration plugins for the KWin window manager (KDE 3.2 and later).
Scripting and Application Automation
- Creating Konqueror Service Menus
- This tutorial shows you how to create mimetype-specific actions in Konqueror's context menu (aka "servicemenus").
This page was last modified on 11 March 2016, at 17:03. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2
unless otherwise noted.