Languages: عربي | Asturianu | Català | Česky | Kaszëbsczi | Dansk | Deutsch | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Norwegian | Polski | Português Brasileiro | Română | Русский | Svenska | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | српски | Türkçe | Tiếng Việt | Українська | 简体中文 | 繁體中文
The following pages contain documentation about KDE's design and architecture in detail. They do not replace other documentation like API documentation, tutorials/howtos and standards, see the development portal for further information.
More information about a KDE installation itself is available in the dedicated section for system administrators.
- KDE 4 Architecture Overview
- An overview of the KDE 4 architecture, including discussions of common techniques, library classes, and general development issues. This is for KDE 4.0.
- KDE 3 Architecture Overview (Original)
- An overview of the KDE 3 architecture, including discussions of common techniques, library classes, and general development issues. This is for KDE 3.0.
- KDE 2 Architecture Overview
- An overview of the KDE 2 architecture, similar to the above. This is for KDE 2.2.
- Design documents from 1999-2000.