Backgrounds and edges throughout the applications and workspace should be consistent to communicate the same visual message about material and lighting.
- The backgrounds and edges throughout the interface are designed to represent the look of very high quality paper (e.g. card stock); light in weight but familiar, purposeful and substantial.
- The background of application windows is fully opaque.
- The background of plasmoids - panels and widgets on the desktop - is (barely) translucent.
- Edges are sharp and distinct. Corners are sharp but non-threatening; ~2px or 3px corner radius.
- When designing with the visual design color set,
- The general background color is Cardboard Grey.
- Paper White can be used for more information-dense content areas (whether in plasmoids or applications) for improved readability. These might include longer lists, tables, large blocks of text documents, charts,etc.
This page was last modified on 29 March 2014, at 07:09. This page has been accessed 685 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.