Remaining issues that must be solved before the migration.
Owner: (Gitorious wants to fix this)
- Everyone added to the kde-developers group gets an e-mail when anyone makes a merge request to any of our projects. This is undesirable (as most kde devs are not Amarok devs and many other permutations). A solution for this will have to be developed on gitorious before all of kde goes to gitorious
- See response to ACL support -Mike Arthur 19/10/2009 16:09
- just because someone needs commit rights to a project doesn't mean they want to listen to all merge requests for that project. also what about kwin vs plasma vs konqueror vs whatever-else in kdebase... --Chani
Method for joining the team
- A button to join the kde-developers team would be very useful instead of needing to poke admins. This would probably use a similar mechanism to current method for granting svn accounts, i.e. two people vouch for a person to let them in the team.
- Support for access control lists. from gcds: 1 project for all accounts on gitorious? sub-project membership? how should gitorious account system work?
- Each project needs owned by one group so the kdebase/kdepim/etc groups might work well here -Mike Arthur 19/10/2009 16:08
- wait, what? why? iirc we decided everyone would be in the kde-developers group... --Chani
Account setup on Gitorious
- How do the people get accounts on gitorious? Telling them to make one themselves puts up a big hurdle that people don't need.
- Really? It just requires an email/username/password, I'd be amazed if that's a "big hurdle" for people... -Mike Arthur 19/10/2009 16:02
Owner: Ian Monroe
- Commit filter is not implemented on gitorious (or something similar) though rss feeds for each module you are interested in can be subscribed to in the meantime.
- fixed, but how does one subscribe to notices?
- acltest, docbook, EOL/UTF-8
- A web hook isn't good enough for these because they have to run and return whether to allow the push, for every single push to every kde repo.
- gitorious guys said they *might* be willing to allow a few scripts on their server for kde as a special exception, iirc. --chani
- Yes, at least for basic things, heavier things like doc building would probably have to be mirrored (goes for pre/post) --johan-s
- license header checks
- Gitorious is supposed to provide web hooks for this; have they started? who volunteered to write the scripts once that's done?
- There is a branch of gitorious called web-hooks http://gitorious.org/gitorious/mainline/commits/web-hooks --Panagiotis Papadopoulos 1 November 2009
Get rid of svn:externals
Owner: David Faure
- not possible with git, broken by design.
- Is there a list of instances of svn::externals anywhere?- -Yokem55 19:27, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
Snapshot to read-only svn
- It's work, but maybe some people would like it. NEEDED for documentation, in order to get it back into SVN for the translators/scripty/?
- Could be done with a git-svn gateway presumably? -Mike Arthur 19/10/2009 16:04
Owner: Chani, greeneg, - please help out!
- At least minimal documentation about how to checkout, how to get a gitorious account, how to request a merge needed, other git documentation and links to other git information would be very useful also.