A toolbox provides convenient access to a set of actions and toggles through a set of small toolbar-like buttons. These tools are used to create or manipulate elements within the current document.
- Provide only one toolbox for your application.
- Use a docker for the toolbox.
- Use the header "Tools".
- Make a toolbox two items wide by default.
- Use only icons in the toolbox, assign a tooltip to each tool.
- Make the tools modal.
- Provide a simple selection tool and make it the default when the application is started.
- Don't use tools in a toolbox that open other windows. Use the toolbar for those.