Difference between revisions of "Projects/Usability/HIG/SOU Workspace/Tool Box"
m (Tool Box moved to Http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/SOU Workspace/Tool Box: It's part of the Workspace)
m (Http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Usability/HIG/SOU Workspace/Tool Box moved to Projects/Usability/HIG/SOU Workspace/Tool Box)
Revision as of 20:47, 14 September 2008
A toolbox provides convenient access to a set of actions and toggles through a set of small toolbar-like buttons. These tools are used to create or manipulate elements within the current document.
- Provide only one toolbox for your application.
- Use a docker for the toolbox.
- Use the header "Tools".
- Make a toolbox two items wide by default.
- Use only icons in the toolbox, assign a tooltip to each tool.
- Make the tools modal.
- Provide a simple selection tool and make it the default when the application is started.
- Don't use tools in a toolbox open other windows. Use the toolbar for those.
This page was last edited on 14 September 2008, at 20:47. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.