Patterns are a combination of user interface controls arranged and used in a specific way to satisfy a specific behavior.
- Command Patterns - Select command patterns appropriate for the application command structure.
- Navigation Patterns - Select navigation patterns appropriate for the application content.
- Content Patterns - A collection of consistent ways to view or manipulate with application content
- Images - Guidelines and patterns for displaying images
- Icons and text - Patterns for consistently showing icons with text
- Viewing vs Editing - Patterns and guidelines for laying out content that is primarily viewed.
- Search and Filter - Patterns for exposing search and filter functions
- Breadcrumbs - Support navigation by a breadcrumb trail, if appropriate
- Wizard - Patterns for guiding the user through a series of step to accomplish a task
- Tooltips - Patterns for consistent presentation of information in tooltips.
- Dual Lists - Apply the dual list pattern for several selections out of a large number of (multiple) items.
- Slider and Spinbox - Apply the slider and spin box pattern for numeric input with both large changes and precise control.
- Simple vs, Advanced Settings - Provide setting in both simple as well as advanced configurations for Plasma control modules (KCM) as well as any other KDE software
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.