< Projects | Usability | HIG
Revision as of 14:18, 29 August 2013 by Htietze (Created page with "__NOTOC__ == Purpose == A ''group box'' is a labeled rectangular frame that surrounds a set of related controls. A group box is a way to show relationships visually; it provi...")
A group box is a labeled rectangular frame that surrounds a set of related controls. A group box is a way to show relationships visually; it provides no additional functionality.
Is this the right control
- Always use a group box to arrange related controls.
- Do not nest grouping elements; use layout to show relationships within a group.
- Do not place controls in group box’ caption.
- Do not disable groups. To indicate that a group of controls doesn't currently apply, disable all the controls within the group, but not the group itself.
- Put a splitter between aligned grouping controls.
- Label the group box with a descriptive caption.
- Do not assign an access key to the group box’ caption.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.