|This is a new page, currently under construction!|
- Do you really need a custom widget? Check whether an existing widget cannot be used instead.
- It is strongly recommended to consult the usability team (https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/groups/usability/)
- Create interaction by following natural use. Find the appropriate metaphor and define a skeuomorph interface.
- Make sure your new widget:
- Resizes correctly
- Handles right-to-left setups
- Works well with different color schemes
- Looks as close to native as possible (use QStyle or QStylePainter to draw elements)
- Is based on an existing widget rather than a plain QWidget if possible
- If possible, consider making your widget reusable enough so that it can be integrated in standard widgets
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.