If you found an area that was unclear or is not even covered in our HIG, tell us about it. We can be reached on the kde-guidelines mailing-list.
Following is a set of guidelines to ensure the HIG itself is consistent.
- Use the word Control, not Widget to refer to a user interface element. Rationale: "Control" is more widespread outside the UNIX community. It is also reasonable to expect more and more applications will be written using QtQuick and QtQuick controls in the future.
- Use check box and combo box, not checkbox or combobox.
Figure out what to do of the legacy stuff (at the bottom of the page)
Recommendation should be checked
Check against recommendation.
Choose between either:
- In any other case, use the dual-list pattern because it allows users to easily see which items are selected at any point, without having to scroll through the available options
- Use a list box for multiple selections with more than five options.
Get a new type of check boxes for list views implemented: KCheckBoxes:
- KCB are flat (no frame, no shadow, no bevel) for clear differentiation from normal check boxes.
- KCB are hidden by default, that means when no list item is selected.
- KCB have a fade-in effect on mouse over to introduce themselves to users.
- KCB are transparent and therby clearly part of the list item.
- Legacy keyboard use applies to KCB as well. Thus, the whole item can be clicked to toggle option.
- Add inline examples of do and don't
- Redo screenshots using Designer
Fix missing page: list
- Refresh page: it is copied from GNOME guidelines and contains references to figures we do not have
- Finish it (currently marked "Under Construction")
- Use Options for a configuration dialog which provide.: Ask Celeste what she meant to add after provide.
- Pick one of KDateComboBox and KDateWidget or provide guidelines explaining when to use one or the other
- Review the dropdown of KDateComboBox: it is probably too big
- What happens if when SSB gets the focus?
- Do we want to encourage the use of combined control?
- In which case should the simple slider be favored?
- Split in two pages: line edits and text edits
Split in two pages: drop-down and combobox