The current Oxygen style and window decoration for KDE4 can be found in SVN under http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen and http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen
Add new bugs to Incoming New Bugs, and we (the developers) will move it down and prioritize.
Note: we may move invalid bugs may be moved to the discussion page, along with a reason why they won't be fixed [by us].
DO NOT EDIT OTHER SECTIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION. This page has now been protected due to unauthorized edits. If you need to leave a comment anonymously, do it on the discussion page and/or talk to us on #oxygen.
Incoming New Bugs
- Dockers: The tab bar for multiple dockers in the same slot looks poor; there is more sophistication in the engine and additional design work required to make tabs-for-dockers look good
- Window decoration scales the menu icons down resulting in the icons blurring. Interestingly in the kwindecoration kcmshell the preview shows the 16x16/mimetypes/unknown.png icon at its correct 16x16 size, but as soon as the use the deco for real, it starts blurring them. (This is also true for KDE4's Plastik deco). Djmdave 22:26, 28 October 2007 (CET)
- Window titlebar buttons do not 'react' when mouse clicked. Only indication when the mouse moves over them. Need a 'depressed' look/state when actually clicked like other widgets. (spstarr) 14:40, 02 December 2007 (EST)
- Maximize/Restore Buttons on titlebar 'jump' and corrupt panel on redrawing. See http://rapidshare.de/files/37960220/oxygen-resize.ogg.html or http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=72vk3df&s=1 for example. (spstarr) 15:01, 02 December 2007 (EST)
- With everything around it styled nicely, having just a plain colour for selected items, e.g. in the speedbar, looks a bit disconnect from the rest of the GUI. Thus any effect that polishes this bit is welcome, such as a frame or even translucency.
- docked dockers might need a nicer frame
- In (double) spinboxes the font is positioned one pixel too high. Lowering it one makes it baseline-aligned with labels in front. Unfortunately not possible. We want them to be the same size as editable comboboxes and lineedits and buttons so those line up. The 1px wrong placement of text is a qt weirdness that gives visual bugs when we try to work around it
- Centered group titles pose several problems. Left align group titles instead. See Discussion for more details.
- KMenu::addTitle() adds a widget action to display a title in a popup menu. This is not specific to Oxygen, but the widget it creates could use some polishing. (to see this, right click any icon in the system tray)not a style bug report to kmenu maintainer - and don't ever add things to "accepted bugs" below again - this went unnoticed because of that
- "flat" buttons drawn same as regular buttons we may not want flat buttons - considering
- KHTML integration
- khtml makes illegal assumptions about buttons. Awaits patch review by Maxim showstopper
- Holes in general
- with autoFillBackground, corners are overpainted (how to fix this??) priority
- progress bars still not like the artist wants priority
- Rounded corneres of floatables (windows,menus dockers) should be done with alpha releasable
- should repaint on globalChange signal (how?) releasable
- this seems to only be a problem for the colors kcm, may not even be a style bug
- headers in tables
- not really done - but the plain color look is acceptable for now releasable
- checkboxes in Q3ListView (Kontact-ToDo) are broken releasable
- Buttons on KNewStuff download dialog do not appear
- reverse layout
- high-contrast color schemes (i.e. all fg/bg black or white)
- reverse-light/dark color schemes (e.g. light-on-dark buttons with dark-on-light views, etc.)
- QA color scheme
- sliders, scrollbars, progress - in all orientations and good cross section of values
- content padding works for all controls, does not break sizeToContents functionality
- controls align nicely and controls that should be the same size, are
- no obvious glitches in uidemo
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.