The current Oxygen style and window decoration for KDE4 can be found in SVN under http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kstyles/oxygen and http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin/clients/oxygen
Add new bugs to Incoming New Bugs, and we (the developers) will move it down and prioritize.
Note: we may move invalid bugs may be moved to the discussion page, along with a reason why they won't be fixed [by us].
DO NOT EDIT OTHER SECTIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION. This page has now been protected due to unauthorized edits. If you need to leave a comment anonymously, do it on the discussion page and/or talk to us on #oxygen.
Incoming New Bugs
- In Beta4, it seems that the WinDeco doesn't yet get the color scheme from the kcm color module. i.e., changing the active/inactive window colors doesn't seem to actually work.
- The bouncing icon (the launch feedback) is black. This was also happening with drag-n-drop icons from Plasma Applet Browser, but is now fixed.
- Dockers; the title is positioned too far to the left and it runs into the rounded-border
- In (double) spinboxes the font is positioned one pixel too high. Lowering it one makes it baseline-aligned with labels in front. Unfortunately not possible
- what about altering the size hints so the whole widget moves down? Trouble is we want them to be the same size as editable comboboxes and lineedits and buttons so those line up. The 1px wrong placement of text is a qt weirdness that gives visual bugs when we try to work around it - believe me - I've spent several hours on this.
- The ok and cancel buttons on dialogs (so called 'control buttons') don't have the same width. Not a style problem
- Centered group titles pose several problems. Left align group titles instead. See Discussion for more details.
- Window decoration scales the menu icons down resulting in the icons blurring. Interestingly in the kwindecoration kcmshell the preview shows the 16x16/mimetypes/unknown.png icon at its correct 16x16 size, but as soon as the use the deco for real, it starts blurring them. (This is also true for KDE4's Plastik deco). Djmdave 22:26, 28 October 2007 (CET)
- east and west aren't done at all priority
- small glitches in filling inactive tabs priority
- frame when docked can be overwritten releasable
- frame when floating should have rounded corners releasable
- KHTML integration
- khtml makes illegal assumptions about buttons. Awaits patch review by Maxim showstopper
- "flat" buttons drawn same as regular buttons releasable
- stylesheets ruin the look. Aseigo says to wait for qt fix showstopper
- Holes in general
- need bigger margins so shadow/glow are not lost?
- fix non-rounded corners when filling (at least) lineedits priority
- with autoFillBackground, corners are overpainted (how to fix this??) priority
- QToolBox not drawn showstopper
- need to audit color role use (see QA #3) showstopper
- Reverse layout is broken
- listview,tablevies paint the frame in LTR place Qt issue 137304 releasable
- progress bars still not like the artist wants priority
- menus not done releasable
- KMenu::addTitle() adds a widget action to display a title in a popup menu. This is not specific to Oxygen, but the widget it creates could use some polishing. (to see this, right click any icon in the system tray)
- corners should really be alpha transparent releasable
- should repaint on globalChange signal (how?) releasable
- this seems to only be a problem for the colors kcm, may not even be a style bug
- headers in tables
- not really done - but the plain color look is acceptable for now releasable
- checkboxes in Q3ListView (Kontact-ToDo) are broken releasable
- does not report a minimum size that allows it to show the text on the box. I.e. a groupbox with no contents, the groupbox-title is clipped. releasable
- metrics for checkable groupboxes broken (see discussion for screenshot) priority
- Buttons on KNewStuff download dialog do not appear
- reverse layout
- high-contrast color schemes (i.e. all fg/bg black or white)
- reverse-light/dark color schemes (e.g. light-on-dark buttons with dark-on-light views, etc.)
- tabs, in all directions
- no gray space between scrollbar and the text area it controls.
- sliders, scrollbars, progress - in all orientations and good cross section of values
- content padding works for all controls, does not break sizeToContents functionality
- controls align nicely and controls that should be the same size, are
- no obvious glitches in uidemo
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.