This is a starting page for all relevant KWin documentation, most of which is stored in SVN or on external WWW pages.
- HACKING - Starting document for developers interested in helping with developing KWin, including information on the KWin mailing list, KWin structure, developing tips, etc.
- clients/PORTING - List of changes needed to port decorations from KDE3 to KDE4.
- COMPOSITE_TODO - TODO list for compositing support in KWin.
- Documentation on API for compositing effects - currently needs to be done, developers interested in developing compositing effects for KWin are currently suggested to use source of already existing effects shipped with KWin (especially the Howto effect in the tests/ directory as a starting point) and/or ask on the KWin mailing list if necessary.
- COMPOSITE_HOWTO - document on setting up support for compositing feature of KWin (X.Org configuration, driver issues, etc.).
- CONFIGURING - document on advanced KWin configuration (such as pre-configuring window-specific settings).
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.