This is a starting page for all relevant KWin documentation, most of which is stored in git or on external WWW pages.
- KWin mailing list
- IRC: #kde-kwin on irc.libera.chat
- COMPLIANCE - a document on KWin's compliance to the window manager specifications ICCCM and EWMH (also known as NETWM).
- KDE4.0 release notes - information about changes and new features in KWin in KDE4.0
- KWin Build Options - documentation on the available build options for KWin.
- For Developer Information see the KWin Section in the KDE Community Wiki
- http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kde-workspace-apidocs/kwin/libkdecorations/html/index.html libkdecoration API documentation] - API documentation for the library used for developing KWin decorations (the link points to documentation for the current development version).
- KWin decorations HOWTO - tutorial on writing KWin decorations. Based on KDE3.2 and as such slightly outdated, but it is still usable for newer versions. Note that current decorations should use KCommonDecoration class instead of KDecoration directly like this tutorial does.
- libkwineffects API documentation - Documentation on API for compositing effects - currently needs to be done, developers interested in developing compositing effects for KWin are currently suggested to use source of already existing effects shipped with KWin and/or ask on the KWin mailing list if necessary. NOTE: This API is currently considered unstable and subject to change.
- Scripting API and KWin Scripting Tutorial
- Scripting Update Notes for version 4.9
- CONFIGURING - document on advanced KWin configuration (such as pre-configuring window-specific settings).
This page was last edited on 18 February 2022, at 09:38. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.