"KDE 4 libraries and applications are available to you, no matter if you are a commercial developer, manager or free software hacker. You are invited to not only just use the toolkit - you can contribute your own solutions and improvements to the KDE community.
Konqi, the KDE mascot now also supporting MS Windows
The KDE on Windows Initiative is an ongoing project to port the KDE applications to MS Windows. Currently supported versions of Windows are XP, Vista and 7.
Information for application developers
(Release) status info
- Current release target is KDE 4.9 (). Recently it has been suggested to skip to 4.10, however ()
- Nightly builds (logs):
- update dbus to nightly branch
- get kdelibs building - what about split packages?
- use updated mingw
- disable dbusmenu-qt on Windows by default
- fix Qt5 dependencies on all packages
Further reading, and support ressources