加入 KDE 社区方式多种多样，最常见的方式是从单纯使用我们的软件开始到最终成为核心平台开发者。
本部分内容属于 KDE TechBase，用于引导您加入 KDE 社区的技术部落。您将了解到 KDE 软件的结构及如何构建，以及如何构建您自己的 KDE 软件。
使用 KDE 软件
如果您仅仅是想使用稳定版的 KDE 软件用于日常计算需求的话，那么您就不需要自己构建 KDE 软件，只需要使用 Linux 发行商提供的安装包安装即可。
学习如何使用 KDE 软件的最佳地点就是发行商的网站的技术支持频道。不过你也可以在下面这些链接的页面发现有用的信息：
- 预装 KDE 的发行版
- 在 Linux 和 BSD 发行版上安装 KDE 软件
- 在 Windows 上安装 KDE 软件
- 在 Mac OS X 上，目前还没有有效的 KDE 软件安装包，但是你可以使用 MacPorts or Fink 轻松的构建
If you are looking for help in using the KDE Workspace or KDE Applications then please visit the KDE UserBase.
If you have any questions or problems with building or developing KDE Software please feel free to ask for help. However, be patient while waiting for a response, and try to work through the problem yourself, we aren't going to do it all for you. Working your way through and understanding why something doesn't work is a good way to learn how to do things the right way.
http://projects.kde.org hosts the source for many KDE-related initiatives, including KDE itself. Choose a piece of KDE such as KDE Libraries, then click Repository to browse its source. Getting_Started/Sources explains the organization of KDE source code.
There are other utilities to browse the source code:
- http://lxr.kde.org/search lets you search the code (may be out of date?)
- http://api.kde.org lets you browse API documentation generated from the code. You can search for class names, but not filenames.
Building and Running KDE Software From Source
There are several possible ways to build and install KDE software and the method you choose depends on what you want to do with the software. In particular if you are only wanting to build and develop a single application you may not need to build the entire KDE Development Platform to do so. You can read more about this on the Build Methods page.
If you simply want to build one application, the simple tutorial Building an Existing Application might be enough already.
The following sections explain the steps you need to understand and give the instructions you need to follow to successfully build KDE Software from source:
- How the KDE Source Code is structured
- How to Build and Install the software
- How to Run a nested session of KDE
- How to Run a full session of KDE
TODO: General introduction to the dev model, release cycles, etc.
- The KDE Release Schedule
- The KDE Software Engineering Framework
- KDE Development Policies and Procedures to follow
- The development lifecycle for a new application
There are a number of Development Tools that are either required or helpful when building KDE Software. For these you will usually want to use the stable packages provided by your distribution.
You may want to use a graphical IDE for your development work:
Contributing To KDE
Once you have a copy of KDE built you can then start contributing back to KDE. The pages below will help you find out how you can help make KDE even better.