This is now the recommended method of creating plasmoids, where possible. The plasmoid, or applet serves as the visualization for the data which a Plasma::DataEngine contains.
It allows easily the declaring of an interface and to easily create things like ListViews with native Plasma theming. It is what Plasma is leaning the most towards, especially in the Mobile, MediaCenter shells.
- Getting Started
- Creating and running your first plasmoid in QML 2.0
- Basic List Plasmoid
- Make a QML 2.0 ListView which displays basic text objects as items. Utilizes native Plasma theming and animations.
- API Reference
applets can say in their metadata desktop file what features they provide: this is use to build an UI to switch an applet at runtime with other applet that provide the same feature.
see List of known Provides
- Creating a Plasma Theme Quickstart
- A quick guide to creating your first Plasma theme
- The Plasma Theme Structure In Detail
- A comprehensive guide to the contents of a Plasma SVG theme, including configuration options, wallpapers, on-disk layout, names of all standard SVG files and every element in them.
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.