It allows easily the declaring of an interface and to easily create things like ListViews with native Plasma theming. It is what Plasma is leaning the most towards, especially in the Mobile, MediaCenter shells.
- What you'll need to get started with Plasmoid development
- Getting Started
- Creating and running your first plasmoid in QML 2.0
- Hello World Plasmoid
- Create a basic Hello World plasmoid, adding features as the tutorial proceeds.
- API Reference
- The QML 2.0 Plasmoid API. Useful for referencing what is available in the runtime, and in the provided Plasma imports.
Applets can say in their metadata desktop file what features they provide: this is use to build an UI to switch an applet at runtime with other applet that provide the same feature. see List of known Provides
- Creating a Plasma Theme Quickstart
- A quick guide to creating your first Plasma theme
- The Plasma Theme Structure In Detail
- A comprehensive guide to the contents of a Plasma SVG theme, including configuration options, on-disk layout, names of all standard SVG files and every element in them.
- Porting an old Plasma Theme to Plasma 5
- A overview of all the changes needed for old themes to properly work on latest Plasma 5."