Reaction: A KDE technology integrate new ways between KDE and user reaction
Hello, in this wiki page I am trying to express my idea for a new KDE technology that will make possible to the user using KDE with special touchpads abilities, motion gloves, movements' detection with the use of web cameras and everything else high tech input devices. Also one other purpose of Reaction is the integration of output devices or technologies like video eyewear monitors.
|Just a hopeful idea, nothing more yet. I haven't write any code yet but I believe that Reaction will give new experience to user. I aim to create a demo of the technology wich will expose the useability of KDE with a joystick, or a high featured mouse|
The reality of today
If we check our home hardware input devices, we will find keyboard mouses, touchpads, joysticks, gamepads with many abilities but almost all those features are able to the user only on very few games and only when running MS windows. the support of those hardware devices in linux is enough good but there isn't software uses the real power of the hardware.
Mayby in Future :-D
- With a advanced touchpad(ex synaptics) or mouse we could:
- Manage plasma Desktop and plasmoid without the usage of the special menus.
- Resize and rolate of plasmoids.
- Add/Remove plasmoids.
- Access to Plasma Dashboard
- Plasma specific operations
- Change virtual Desktop
- Application specific operations:
- Change pages
- zoom pages
- Open/close files
- Play/Stop music tracks
- Change tracks
- volume control
- Surfing of course
- Zoom in pages
- File browsing
The structure of the Project
The project goals are:
The core Library
- The creation of a central library which will be responsible for communication between devices and the KDE environment. The library will support a plug-in system of backends for the different hardware devices and a "front end" system wich will be responsible for the behavior of each device in specific applications.
Low level Communication with devices
- Back-ends: The role of a backend is to provide a high-level object oriented api for the communication with the devices. The creation of linux and mac os x drivers is not a goal of Reaction.
Final application support
- The final application developer in order to add Reaction support has to develop his app with Reaction support, support for "reaction part", The reaction part will be a front end of core lib, which will configure each device for its behavior in the application.(This I think is better to be an xml file and not code at all because this will made the device behavior more efficient for modify.
|The project presentation is not finished|
jabber ID: email@example.com
msn ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last modified on 17 August 2008, at 11:25. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.