CLI should take more that 1 argument cache user data
- load existing packages
- KNS dialog
- Generalize Package::installPackage()
Workflows / Corner-Cases
In general, Plasmagik will work in the following ways:
Packaging and Uploading
- User has content ready
- Plasmagik is opened from within an application
- Package Options are presented to the user
- Structure is presented to the user, who then fills in their data
- Frequent metadata is automatically filled in (Name, email, etc). The user will have to fill in metadata specific to their project (Package Name, Version Number, etc)
- A short description of the Package is provided as well as Release Notes which can either be written directly into the dialog or loaded from a file.
- The content will be packaged. Now the user can choose to save the package and/or upload the package to GHNS.
Uploading an Existing Package
- User has a Package that has already been packaged, either by someone else or themselves.
- User selects the existing package options and provides a path to the existing package.
- Now the User can Upload to GHNS
As a Simple Upload Dialog
- User has a simple one file GHNS Upload (not a package)
- A simple dialog will appear asking for the Authors name, email address, etc. The user must also give some metadata about their upload (Name, Version, License, Preview URL)
- User clicks Upload button
- Plasmagik is opened from somewhere (Toolbox? somewhere else?)
- Types of Content
- Various scripting languages
- Not C++ as those should go directly into kdeplasma-addons
- Entire Desktop configuration (need to look into how to package all this)
- anything else?
- All Themable Games
- In the configure menu, there is a "Get New Themes" Buttons. There could be a "Upload/Share New Themes"
- Plasmagik opens with the "Theme" option along with any other option that the game supports. User selects "Theme".
This page was last edited on 12 August 2008, at 21:59. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.