|Proposed for Deletion|
|This page has been proposed for deletion for the following reason:|
KDE 3 content: should be looked through for useful stuff before deleting.
Tutorials are the fastest way of finding out what KDE will do for you, and how to do it. Here is a list of currently available tutorials for KDE3 development.
|If you are working with a newer version of KDE, such as KDE4, these tutorials are probably of limited use to you. For tutorials covering current KDE development topics, visit the main tutorials page|
- Qt Designer and KDevelop 3.0 for Beginners (Original Link)
- Qt is the toolkit used by the KDE project for developing graphical applications. Currently, translations are available through the original link. This paper, written by Anne-Marie Mahfouf, shows a beginner how to create a simple application using Qt Designer 3 and KDevelop 3. This tutorial is based on an application written by Jono Bacon and has been reviewed by Daniel Molkentin (for the KDevelop 2 version) and Thomas Nagy. Translations to German, Russian, French, Italian, and Romanian available at the original site. Brought to you by KDE-Women.
- KDE 3.0 Tutorial
- An excellent tutorial by KDE developer Antonio Larrosa Jiménez leading you from nothing to a fairly full featured web browser. Highly recommended for KDE 3.0 developers.
- Programming Tutorial for KDE 3
- Makefile.am HOWTO
- Make the KDE 3 build system work for you. This HOWTO shows you how to do most anything you would need to do to get your application to compile and install
Components and Plugins
- KDE User Interface Tutorial (XML GUI)
- Tutorial by KDE developer Kurt Granroth showing how to convert an existing KDE application to use the new XML based user interface builder.
- Creating KParts Component
- Tutorial on IBM DeveloperWorks, by David Faure shows developers how to create KParts components, under KDE 2 and KDE 3.
- Developing a Plugin Structure for a KDE Application
- This tutorial will take you through all the steps needed to write a plugin structure, plus plugins for your KDE application.
- Providing file meta-data support with KFile plugins
- Tutorial by Brad Hards that describes how to write a meta-data plugin for your favourite file format. It is presented as an example based tutorial.
- Embedded Components Tutorial
- Tutorial by KDE developer Kurt Granroth showing how to convert an existing KDE application into a component suitable for embedding in Konqueror.
- How to write Kontact plugins
- Kontact plugins
- KConfig Module HOWTO
- A small tutorial about writing a module for the KDE Control Center.
- Using the KDE dock widget
- Tutorial for creating widgets that dock to other widgets.
- Introduction to Get Hot New Stuff
- An introduction to the developer-friendly network update system that allows KDE applications to fetch new application data at runtime in a user friendly manner.
Components and Plugins
- KWin decoration styles
- Tutorial on creating decoration plugins for the KWin window manager (KDE 3.2 and later).
Scripting and Application Automation
- Creating Konqueror Service Menus
- This tutorial shows you how to create mimetype-specific actions in Konqueror's context menu (aka "servicemenus").
This page was last modified on 15 May 2019, at 12:19. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.