Plasma Meeting In Oporto
After the very successful first Tokamac in Millan, Italy we would like to repeat this at the second Plasma developer meeting in the beautiful city of Oporto, Portugal. The local ISEP institute, the Dep. de Engenharia Informática (DEI) kindly offered to host this meeting. DEI/ISEP is very interested in Open Source technologies especially exiting and promissing ones like KDE's Plasma. ISEP wants its students of computer science to experience Open Source Software creation and community.
Sessions and Topics
Group Talk Sessions
- bitchfest!! (everyone ;)
- window management integration session (Aaron, Kevin, Rich, chani, Marco)
- basic ecmascript API additions (Aaron, Rich, Marco)
- system tray (Aaron, Rob, Marco, Alexis)
Group Dev Sessions
- plasmate (Aaron, Rich, Ruphy, Artur)
- plasma jolie (Kevin)
- add widgets (chani)
- extender API discussions (Rich, Rob)
- krunner ui (Kevin, sebas)
- proof of concept community integration (Frank)
- animation API stuff in plasma (Rich, Rob, Alexis)
- zui (chani, Marco)
- FrameSvg in shape again with 4.5 (Marco, Alexis)
- security (Rich, chani)
- nepomuk plugin loading in Crystal (sebas, Kevin)
- desktop theme details (annma:assess i18n state)
- media wiki class (Rich, sebas)
- runner runtime documentation (Kevin, sebas)
- generic UI file for scripted plasmoids (Rich)
- network manager artwork (Nuno, sebas)
- plasma calendar (Davide)
Time and Location
This meeting is from 6th to 9th of February 2009 in the Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida, 431 4200-072 Porto. The building can be used from 8:00 to 23:30 on the days of the meeting.
metro map The Airport Station is located just in front of the arrivals zone of the International Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, in parallel with the two existing road ways. Nevertheless, the person’s circulation between both the equipments is guaranteed by a proper underground passage. When arriving at the Airport Station, people only needs to go down a floor and, in little less than 50 meters walking, they are inside of the Airport. Equally, the access to the Station from the interior of the Airport is extremely simple and practical, being fully signalled.
You will need to buy a occasional "Andante" title required for travelling between the Airport Station and Oporto city centre is a Z4. In the Andante shop located in the arrivals zone of the Airport you can also buy the Andante Tour, an unlimited and intermodal title valid for 1 or 3 days. Go until the Trindade Station and leave the train, go to line D in the upper level, and take the direction "Hospital de São João", then leave in the IPO Station the hotel is right across the street.
Driving directions from Aeroport to IPO subway station (next to Hotel) 12.1 km – about 15 mins
Estr. EN107/N107 1. Head northeast on Estr. EN107/N107 toward Av. Aeroporto Francisco Sá Carneiro/N107
Continue to follow N107
Go through 1 roundabout 1.8 km
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto N13/R. do Conselheiro Luís Magalhães
Continue to follow N13 3.1 km
3. Take the ramp onto N14/Via Norte 4.9 km
4. Exit onto Estr. da Circunvalação/N12 2.0 km
5. Turn right at R. António Bernardino Almeida
Destination will be on the right 0.4 km
Talks and Workshops
The 2009 Plasma Agenda
Presenting the Nepomuk/Crystal integration.
Picture Frame applet: present and future: pdf link
Presenting the new plasma Oxygen theme air, new UI ideas for different use cases.
Easing Plasmoids Development
A talk on Extenders
Qt Software, what's going on!
Zanshin -- Let's Get Things Done
Tokamak II Program
Most public presentations will happen during Friday.
During the weekend there will be dev meetings and contact with public to teach those interested in learning more about Plasmoids