This page is for collecting information about getting KDE running on the Maemo platform used by the Nokia mobile devices N800, N810 and N900.
Getting a SDK
Maemo5 and the N900
- Instructions on getting a Maemo development environment on openSuSE http://en.opensuse.org/Maemo
- There is also a KDE on maemo project at http://kde.garage.maemo.org/
- Tutorial how to get Qt installed on N810
- Tutorial how to compile KDEPIM on N810
- Tutorial how to get KDE installed on N810
- Tutorial how to get KDE installed on Mer
Known issues and oddities
Linker fails when using CPU transparency
If the linker doesn't find your libs for no good reason, you should add the following parameter when calling cmake to create the build dir:
-DCMAKE_CXX_LINK_FLAGS=\"-Wl,-rpath-link,/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/usr/local/lib ...\"
(here the "..." means that you have to add one "-Wl,-rpath-link,/foo/lib" for each folder where the linker might need to look for libs)
Random segfaults or build hang using CPU transparency
In some cases you could experience crashes at build time coming from qdbusxml2cpp. The reasons are rather unclear so far but seem to be related to the linker. Current investigations indicates that it happens if your build is using "-g -O2" (or higher value for -O). If you're using any of the -g or -O options alone you should be fine.