- Create framework to effectivly "disable" certain features. Think kiosk-mode, think "don't allow user to select custom wallpapers in public places", Waldo Bastian <email@example.com>
- New hiding mode: into background. Unhide can be triggered by moving to mouse to a corner.
- Reorganize hiding options in control module.
- Support for multiple clocks, set to different time zones, Rik Hemsley <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Group tasks only when taskbar full (Simon MacMullen)
- Konsole button converted to menuext with bookmark support. (Berend De Schouwer)
- Support for mouse-over animation like konqueror and kdesktop, Allan Sandfeld <email@example.com>
- A modified thumbnail kioslave to use a thumbnail extracted from the file if possible, rather than scanning the entire file., Rolf Magnus <ramagnus at kde dot org> and Frank Pieczynski <pieczy at knuut dot de>
- Inclusion of kio_fish, a KIO-slave to access a remote filesystem via SSH/SCP
- kio_smtp clean up for efficiency and correctness
- Tabbed browsing support (Doug Hanley)
- Folder icons reflect contents (Simon MacMullen)
- Enable / disable all previews at once (Simon MacMullen)
- Digital camera jpeg previews obey orientation information
- Add multiple selection to bookmark editor, Alexander Kellett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Show 256x256 previews in the iconview tooltip - Simon MacMullen
- Offer to re-post form data when reloading the result of a formular - David Faure
- Support all the common Microsoft symbols (TM, Bullet, Stupid Quotes, etc.) that infect webpages today.
- Auto-scroll for web pages controlled by Shift+arrow keys.
- Allow user to select in a nice treeview which entries he wants to be added.
- Kate: make the XML plugin completion popup automatically (Daniel Naber)
- Kate: add an XML checker (frontend to xmllint) (Daniel Naber)
- Improved task information, Richard Moore <email@example.com>
(see http://xmelegance.org/devel/ for code and docs):
- KPassivePopup - A popup widget displayed adjacent to the taskbar icon of window.
- KWindowInfo - A utility class that allows messages to be displayed in the window title and icon. These classes are now in kdelibs.
- Activate rtsp:// handler, George Staikos
- A new kioslave/job for asynchronous reading KFileMetaInfo of a KFileItemList, Rolf Magnus <ramagnus at kde dot org>
- Added "Open File", "Open Destination" and "Keep this window open" to download progress dialog.
- KDatePicker gained week number (ISO 8601) display and selection.
- Fix khtml printing (Waldo Bastian)
- Extended the DCOP command-line client to (i) enable non-GUI applicatons (such as shell scripts, cron jobs, and system processes) to use DCOP; and (ii) send DCOP messages to multiple users and/or sessions concurrently.
This would enable, for example, the system shutdown command to pop up a dialog to all system users informing them of a pending shutdown. (Martijn Klingens <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- new class KNotifyDialog allows the user to configure the app's notifications. (Carsten Pfeiffer)
- Allow automatic synchronizing of the otherwise separate X11 Clipboard and Selection. (Carsten Pfeiffer)
- New method in KLocale to retrieve/set first day of a week (needed for some Asian countries where the week doesn't start on Monday or Sunday) (Lukas Tinkl)
- The date picker widget now fully respects the first day of a week (Lukas Tinkl)
- Support for multimedia keys (XF86_XKBack etc.). (Lubos Lunak)
- Delayed on-demand icon loading improving startup performance. (Lubos Lunak)
- jpeg: From the GUI or the command line, able to display & set jpeg comments, and show digital camera exif (extended information) data. Who knows, one day it may even play audio files embedded inside images. Frank Pieczynski <pieczy at knuut dot de> and Bryce (bryce2 at obviously.com).
- diff: Display some basic info about a diff file, such as number of lines changed, added, removed, format of the diff, etc. Otto Bruggeman <bruggie at bruggie dot dnsalias dot org>
- c++: Get some stats like lines of code and comment and the number of included files, Rolf Magnus <ramagnus at kde dot org>
- rpm: Information like package name and version, Laurence Anderson <l.d.anderson at warwick dot ac dot uk>
- deb: Information like package name and version, Laurence Anderson <l.d.anderson at warwick dot ac dot uk>
- ico: Display # of icons, resolution and # colors of 1st icon, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- targa: Display resolution, bit depth, and compression method, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- xbm: Display resolution, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- bmp: Display type, resolution, bit depth, and compression method, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- au: Display length, sample rate, encoding, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- tiff: Read the usual image information like resolution as well as the comments that are available, Nadeem Hasan <nhasan at nadmm dot com>
- txt: Create output similar to the wc command, showing things like number of words and lines, Nadeem Hasan <nhasan at nadmm dot com>
- folder: Displays number of files contained and space used (Simon MacMullen)
- avi: Displays resolution, length, fps and codecs used, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- message/rfc822: Displays From, To, Subject and Content-Type lines, Shane Wright <me at shanewright.co.uk>
- Added "cutToBeginningOfLine" option.
- Made timeout for "Monitor for Silence" configurable.
- kfile-bookmarks menu integration ("Add Bookmark" on non-Linux only with "\[\e]31;\w\a\]" prompt).
- Start new shell at given bookmark (supports ssh://user@host and telnet://host like bookmarks).
- konsolepart uses BrowserExtension::openURLRequest() (only with "\[\e]31;\w\a\]" prompt).
- Session management saves initial or current (non-Linux only if set with "\[\e]31;\w\a\]" prompt) directory.
- Extended drag and drop popupmenu with "cp", "ln" and "mv" entries.
- Session views are temporarily detachable from main window.
- Improved "Find in History...": Regular expressions support, "Find Next", "Find Previous".
- Shortcuts are now configurable via graphical interface.
- Added shortcuts for session switch menu, switching to first 12 sessions and font size variation.
- Made Ctrl-S/Ctrl-Q flow control (Ctrl-S freezes shell) an option with default off.
- Parameters for keyboard and schema selection.
- "Clear Terminal" and "Reset and Clear Terminal" commands.
- Optionally prevent programs from changing the window size.
- Support for Unix98 tty devices.
- "Copy" menu entries and don't write to clipboard automatically.
- Addition of "random" background colours, and the "BlackOnLightColour" schema, Alexander Kellett <email@example.com
- Allow to save current sessions as profile and start them with --profile parameter.
- Added "--noclose" parameter to not close Konsole when command exits.
- Add "Dynamic Word Wrap" (soft wrapping of the textlines at the window border)
- Add "Code Folding" (now you can collapse/expand for example functions on C++)
- Improved printing, which means: print line number, print with syntaxhighlighting, ...
- Fix XIM input, enhance Unicode support (sorry, bidi support still missing)
- Updated Plugin-Interface, to make sure to be BC with 3.2 from 3.1
- Static word wrap fixed (at least all known bugs solved)
- Optional new GUI mode: "Modern Style"
- Look up .desktop file when executing commands from minicli, Rob Kaper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Add group sizes "konqueror (5)" to taskbar, Alexander Kellett <email@example.com>
- Add support for KPassivePopup and KWindowInfo (partially working, see kdelibs entry below). Richard Moore <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Till Krech, Carsten Pfeiffer
- Added a GUI for the "Desktops navigation wraps around" feature that was added in 3.0.
- Made minor key accelerators fixes.
- Keyboard navigation of the operations menu corrected.
- Fixed order of cascading for windows present on a desktop
- Fixed the problem with kicker systray applets vanishing after a kicker crash
- Desktop name popups on desktop switch, Alexander Kellett <email@example.com>
- Added titlebar buttons layout configurability to the KStep decoration style, Keunwoo Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Integrated table of contents of application manuals into documentation tree view.
- Improved integration for documentation of KControl modules, Kicker applets, KInfoCenter modules and Konqueror plugins.
- Cleaned up interface for plugging in third-party documentation.
- Plugin interface for resources and formats.
- Control module for configuring multiple resources.
- Optional directory resource which stores each entry as own file.
- LDAP resource.
- Optional binary storage format for better performance with large addressbooks.
- Completed support for vCard entities: sound, geo, key and some more.
- vCard 2.1 import.
- LDAP aware mail address input field.
- New card and icon views.
- Multiple configurable views.
- "kab-style" details view for selected entry.
- Customizable view filters.
- Customizable categories for addressbook entries.
- Support for transparently accessing multiple addressbooks.
- Redesigned entry editor widget.
- Printing option supporting two different styles.
- Optional embedded entry and ditribution list editor.
- "Jump bar" for quick alphabetical access of entries.
- Fetch addresses from LDAP servers, including support for multiple servers.
- Importing of vCard 2.1 files.
- Improved CSV import (including template for import from Outlook 2000).
- vCard export.
- Add option for alarms to execute a command
- Implement daily, weekly, monthly and annual recurrences
- Provide option to play audio file when alarm triggers
- Time conduit
- VCal conduits (Todo and Calendar) finally work
- AvantGo conduit
- Port addressbook conduit to libkabc
- User-definable templates for events and todos.
- Alarms for todos.
- Automatic HTML export on save of calendar file.
- Time table print view.
- New "location" attribute for events.
- Experimental "Get Hot New Stuff" button for downloading and uploading calendar files of common interest.
- New "Next 3 days" view.
- Selection of time span for a new event in day and week views.
- Direct manipulation of priority, completion status and categories of todos by context menus.
- Deletion of individual instances of recurring events.
- Rewritten month view.
- Coloring of events in month view based on categories.
- Coloring of due and overdue todos.
- Improved "What's Next" view.
- Configurable cell height in week and day views
- Group scheduling
- iMIP group scheduling functions for todos.
- Publishing of Free/Busy information by iMIP conformant email.
- Improved automatisation of group scheduling.
- Interoperability and integration
- Support for "webcal" URLs in Konqueror (known from Apple iCal).
- Support for iCalendar based drag&drop.
- KOrganizer now shares the dialogs for categories with KAddressBook.
- Improved iCalendar conformance.
- Improved right-to-left languages support.
- Bug fixes for non-latin1 encodings.
- New plugin for importing birthdays from the KDE address book.
- New plugin for accessing calendar data on an Exchange 2000 server.
- Fixed printing, Michael Brade <email@example.com>
- Move Atlantik from kdenonbeta to kdegames, Rob Kaper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Move Atlantik Designer from kdenonbeta to kdeaddons, Jason Katz-Brown <email@example.com>
- Move Megami from kdenonbeta to kdegames, Neil Stevens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Move Kolf (web page) from kdenonbeta to kdegames, Jason Katz-Brown <email@example.com>
- Add Klickety to kdegames (which uses heavily KSirtet libraries), Nicolas Hadacek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Solver/adviser and game logs (replay/save/load) for KMines, Nicolas Hadacek <email@example.com>
- Export, statistics and histogram for highscores (KMines, KSirtet, KFouleggs and Klickety), Nicolas Hadacek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Added different difficulty levels to KLines, Waldo Bastian <email@example.com>
- The 'Delete' Action now irrevocably deletes messages. Use 'Move to Trash' to put messages into the trashcan. (Martin Koller)
- Optional columns for the number of unread messages and the total number of messages in the folder list (Carsten Burghardt)
- Custom folder icons (Zack Rusin)
- Improved OpenPGP support (Ingo Klöcker):
- Allow multiple encryption keys per email address, e.g. for distribution lists
- Allow rereading of keys in the key selection dialog, e.g. after the user has imported a key.
- Allow rechecking of keys in the key selection dialog, e.g. after the user has signed a key.
- PGP/MIME (encryption/signing of attachments, RFC 3156) for GnuPG users and S/MIME support via plugins (collective effort of Ägypten <firstname.lastname@example.org> and KMail <email@example.com> developers)
- Redesign of the identity configuration dialog (Marc Mutz)
- Default identity can now be renamed (Marc Mutz)
- Identity-dependant default Bcc (Ingo Klöcker)
- Optional MIME tree viewer, allowing direct access to all body parts (attachments) (Karl-Heinz Zimmer)
- Custom date format (Zack Rusin)
- Improved IMAP support (Carsten Burghardt)
- Reorganized menu bar looks more like other KDE applications (Martin Koller, Marc Mutz)
- Support for decoding uuencoded attachments (Marc Mutz)
- Custom hostname to send to the SMTP server (Aaron Seigo)
- Improved 'Reply to Mailing-List' (Marc Mutz)
- Separate the 'New Message' action and the 'Post to Mailing-List' action. This means with 'New Message' the To: field of the new message will no longer be filled automatically with the mailing list's posting address if the currently selected folder is associated with a mailing list. (Ingo Klöcker)
- Improved support for RTL languages esp. Hebrew (Diego Iastrubni, Meni Livne)
- Allow the user to enable HTML rendering temporarily for HTML only messages (Ingo Klöcker)
- Optionally show the encryption/signature status of messages in the message list (Kalle Dalheimer)
- Optional popup after dragging a message onto a folder (Zack Rusin)
- Five fixed layouts for the main window (Karl-Heinz Zimmer)
- Send separately encrypted messages to Bcc recipients because else all recipients could deduce the Bcc recipients from the keys that were used for encryption (Steffen Hansen)
- Configurable default domain for sending (Ingo Klöcker)
- Don't check spelling of quoted text, urls or email addresses (Dave Corrie)
- New 'Add to Addressbook' action which doesn't open the addressbook when you add an email address to it. Use 'Open in Addressbook' if you want to add more information to a new address. (Cornelius Schumacher)
- IMAP accounts are now top level elements in the folder list (Carsten Burghardt)
- Configurable timeout for when the selected message will be marked as read (Tobias Koenig)
- Tips of the Day (Marc Mutz)
- Show progress dialog on exit so that the user sees that KMail is still doing something although all windows have already been closed (Waldo Bastian, Carsten Pfeiffer)
- Use KNotify to play an arbitrary sound on new mail arrival (Till Krech)
- Configurable alternative background color for the message list (Waldo Bastian)
- Display folder path in window caption (Carsten Burghardt)
- Added "Find in Article..." command.
- Added "Mark Last as Unread..." command.
- Now supports APOP accounts
- Desktop Sharing (KRfb)
- NEW IN KDE: VNC-compatible server to share KDE desktops
- Remote Desktop Connection (KRdc):
- NEW IN KDE: VNC-compatible client
- NEW IN KDE: KAudioCreator, a CD ripper and audio encoder frontend.
- NEW IN KDE: KRec, a recording frontend using aRts.
- KMediaPlayer interface in kdelibs gives apps the ability to reuse Kaboodle.
- Noatun: Added "Clear playlist when starting with a file" option.
- Lyrics plugin
- NEW IN KDEADDONS: A Noatun plugin to search for lyrics to the current song
- Ismael Orenstein (<firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Write video thumbnail creator using xine-arts. (Simon MacMullen)
- Add mute control to kmix sound mixer. (Nadeem Hasan <email@example.com>)
KDE Usability Project
- Context menu, applet menu, wording and panel feature consistency/clarity improved in Kicker
- Kicker KCM rewrite
- KCalc Improvements (Aaron, and KDE Usability Team)
- KSnapshot Improvements (Aaron, and KDE Usability Team)
- KsCD Improvements to user interface (primarily configuration and informational dialogs) and to overall robustness (Aaron, and KDE Usability Team)
- Adapted KBugBuster to new KDE bug tracking system based on Bugzilla.
- Implemented bookmarking of bug reports.
- Inserts link to original bug reports for details.
- Changing view settings doesn't require reload, toolbar buttons.
- Automatic update of Project-Id-Version
- Possibility to specify localized translator name
- Validation & highlighting of XML
- Save special (the settings can be changed for the particular save)
- KDE specifics added to rough translation (e.g. only add a new translator in TRANSLATOR S_...)
- Load/Save markings in Catalog Manager
- Navigation bar in Catalog Manager
- Mail PO-file
- Tag structure tool
- Rough translation in catalog manager
- Automatic update of PO header comment
- Show source code
- Spellchecking in multiple files
- Fonts (kcmfonts) - Add extra Anti-Alias settings: exclude range, and sub-pixel type (moved from kcmfontinst). Craig Drummond <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Font Installer (kcmfontinst) - Make more consistent with KControl, remove install-from list, save changes on "Apply", allow fonts to be disabled on a per-font basis, font thumbnail creator. Craig Drummond <email@example.com>
- KPager should show up when hidden instance is running. (#39028)
- kviewshell: added statusbar
- kviewshell: usability improvements
- KuickShow: Digital camera jpeg images obey orientaion information
- KuickShow: General UI improvements, now features a menubar
- KuickShow: Ability to browse image collections on remote servers
- KuickShow: Digital camera jpeg images obey orientaion information
- KPovModeler: Implement support for the missing PovRAY 3.1 primitives, zehender at kde org.
- KFax: Rewrite all the UI code to be KDE standards compliant, cleanups. (Nadeem Hasan <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- libkscan: support for halftoning scan mode where available
- kooka: thumbnail view of scanned images added
- kooka: ported to KDockWidgets to provide a customizable GUI
- kooka: inline image renaming and drag and drop
- NEW IN KDE: Japanese Reference Tool (web page)
- NEW IN KDE: Vocabulary tool. Uses libkedeedu to read KVTML files produced by KVocTrain
- NEW IN KDE: The first parts of a library to allow interoperability between KDE Edu applications
- Made hard-coded colors configurable.
- NEW IN KDE: Quanta Plus - A web development environment (homepage)
- extended network transparency
- remote projects
- remote files in projects
- remote toolbars
- automatic update of Files and Templates tree views
- more DTD's installed by default:
- HTML 4.01 Frameset
- HTML 4.01 Strict
- possibility to send DTD definition files in e-mail added
- possibility to convert the document to a new DTD added
- "project views" support added
- more project default settings added
- various speedups (smoother editing or large files even with autocompletion turned on), some redesigned dialogs and lots of bugfixes
- Add support to kio_sftp for public key authentication and newest versions of OpenSSH, email@example.com
- More laptop support for ACPI (not all there yet more goodies to come) - firstname.lastname@example.org