|This page is under construction. This page is actively being developed and updated with new information, and may be incomplete. You can help by editing this page|
- Apply metaphors only once (e.g. do not use a brush twice for different options).
- Rethink conventionally used metaphors (e.g. the clipboard icon of paste).
- Antiquated metaphors might work well (e.g. a floppy is not necessarily outdated to represent save).
- Adjust the degree of abstractness according to familiarity of the metaphor.
- Avoid using arrows, they are unspecific.
- Define metaphors independent from language and culture.
- Make icons simple.
This page was last modified on 2 October 2013, at 11:50. This page has been accessed 146 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.