I feel that the sidebar links are not really appropriate. The sidebar should be used to enable quick navigation of the site. The links should be to the top level pages like it is at http://developer.kde.org/. Furthermore I propose removing "Random page" and maybe even "Recent changes" since they're not really useful to the reader (that is a developer who comes to this site looking for documentation etc.). --milliams 16:28, 8 January 2007 (CET)
- yes, i have to say i'm not sure what real value "Recent changes" has for the average reader given the prominence of its location. i like that we have the sections there now, but i can't help but think that we could collapse "Navigation" and "Sections" into one group since they are essentially both the same thing.
- "Donations" is under the "Interact" area on the main page. i'm uncertain it really belongs as a top-level item on every page's navigation though (feels a bit pushy?) the page it points to is also completely inappropriate and outdated content-wise. that page should simply be deleted and point to the support page on kde.org
- finally, 'contribute' is "out of order" compared to the main page listings and i don't know if we need a link to projects in the sidebar since those aren't really "techbase" per say as much as a convenient place for individual projects and therefore not generally useful.
- this would leave us with main page, help, getting started, development, policies, contribute, schedules under one heading. this would shorten the sidebar up to be only slightly longer than the "sections" section is on its own now. --Aseigo 18:05, 16 January 2007 (CET)
- I agree on all counts, but it would be nice to keep Recent Changes (perhaps under personal tools?) for Wiki watching. --CuCullin 22:24, 16 January 2007 (CET)
There are no threads on this page yet.
This page was last modified on 16 January 2007, at 21:24. This page has been accessed 2,614 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.