Real name: Matthias Meßmer
- Vox Humanitatis
- Homepage of the Project: http://www.voxhumanitatis.org
How did it start?
The KDE-Edu project was started in July 2001. The goal of the project is to develop Free Educational Software (GPL licence) within the KDE environment. Schools, students and parents at home as well as to adults willing to extend their knowledge will find a collection of software in various areas: languages, science,kids games,... The software is free to use and customizable to fit your needs: you can add your own data for example.
A new KDE module was created, the kdeedu module. The applications in that module are fully KDE compatible (use of KMainWindow, XML GUI, ...) and get a proper documentation handbook in docbook format. Thus, all applications interfaces and documentation are translated in more than 65 languages, via the l10n KDE teams.
The kdeedu module joined the KDE 3.0 official release.
- Mailing Lists
- There is one mailing list concerning the KDE-Edu Project. In this list people discuss Free Educational Software issues more or less related to the KDE-Edu project. To subscribe to the list, go here. You can also browse through the online archive of this list.
- Educational topics are discussed on the KDE forum in Games, Education & Utilities.
- Join us on irc.freenode.net, channel #kde-edu.
- Information about promotion here.
- How to use the logo and icons? Get answers here.
Explain what to tell press people