Cleanup of bugzilla product, components and default assignees.
-- Will close the products if the default assignee don't reply after a month
- Generate better descriptions for the valid products (including the kde module)
- Check open bug reports of closed bugzilla products
Unmaintained apps could be removed from extragear or playground (or even from the base kde modules)
- kdetv is not maintained, it could be removed from playground
"kmdi" seems old/unmaintained (should confirm with mattr_AT_kde.org). Mail sent, waitingConfirmed. Added a tag "[Deprecated since KDESC4]" "kspell" could be renamed to "sonnet" and may need a new assigne (confirm with zack_AT_kde.org) Mail sent, waitingassignee->kdelibs-bugs , CC-> zack; Bugs should be reassigned.
- "qt" could include an assignee working on NokiaQt
- "kdesasl" seems old (confirm)
adept: bugs filed on debian bug tracker.. I asked the maintainer (mornfall)it should remain opened akodelib: this seems to be an old library. asked the assigne (carewolf) ... the code was moved to kde3-extraThe product should remain as requested by carewolf.
- aki (app) & akiirc (lib): IMHO they should be merged (much as konqueror & konqueror/khtml)
- amarok: may need a better description
- binaries: do we still distribute binaries ? Email sent to all the assignees
daap kio: seems very old /unmaintained . I asked the assigneDev confirmed that the product is unmaintained
- datakiosk: no code, old bug reports I asked the assigne
- guidance-power-manager: the app was confirmed to be unmaintained (jriddell). should we close the bug reports and the product ?
- guidance ??
- kab: one open report (for a kabclient crash (?))
- kbabel: (replaced by Lokalize on kdesc4) I sent an email to both lokalize and kbabel maintainers/assignees... (to know if we should close the open bug reports and the product)
kcanvas seems like an old library. I asked the assigneeassignee confirmed that kcanvas was integrated into webkit. Closing kchat seems old.. assigne's email doesn't exist.CLOSED kconfigure seems old. mail sent to the assigneeThe assignee confirmed that the product is still valid. OPEN kcpuload is old, and its reports are closed as UNMAINTAINED.CLOSED kde-bluetooth is replaced by kbluetooh (>=4.4)closed for new bugs. the open bug reports will remain opened.
- kde-multimedia may need a revamp
- kdeprint still has some open bug reports, even when that framework was deprecated, and the bug product is closed for new reports
kdessh seems old. Mail to assignee bounceClosed, bug report closed. kdetv seems old/unmaintained, asking assignee. Mail sentThe main developer confirmed that the project is dead. Closed product and bug reports.
- kdvi has open bug reports, but it is closed and unmaintained (whom to ask?)
KExtProcess seems old (has old code in playground) . Mail sent to the assigne/maintainerassignee confirmed it is old keystone seems old (no code according to lxr.k.o) . All the bug reports are old and closed.Closed for new bug reports kfortune seems old, no code (lxr.kde.org) and no reports. Mail sent to the assigneeConfirmed, closed. kghostview seems old, no code (lxr.kde.org), but some bug reports opened Mail sent to the assigneeProduct closed (replaced by Okular). Some bug reports are still open <- TODO khexedit2 seems like a dummy product, probably the initial name of Okteta. Mail sent to the assignee (okteta dev)Dev confirmed that khextedit2 was the old name of Okteta. Product removed kimdaba seems to be the prior name of KPhotoAlbum (it has a few open bug reports) Mail sent to the assigneeConfirmed by dev. Closed. One bug report marked as UNMAINTAINED klaptopdaemon seems deprecated by PowerDevil (and other tools) Mail sent to the assigneeassignee confirmed that the tool is deprecated and that there are no current efforts to keep it alive. Closing , closing reports as unmaintained. klegacyimport seems very old Mail sent to the assigneeConfirmed by assignee. Closed klickety seems old (no code according to lxr.k.o); some reports are closed as unmaintained, the assignee is not reacheable.One report will be moved to "kde" . Closing klyx has no code, but a few old and closed bug reports. (replaced by kile?) Mail sent to the assigneeassigne confirmed it was unmaintained. closed kmoon has no code and seems to be an old kicker plugin Mail sent to the assigneeconfirmed by assignee. Closed
- knetworkconf seems a bit old Mail sent to the assignee
knewmail seems old (very old reports), and no code Mail sent to the assigneemail rejected. Closed
- knu seems very old Mail sent to the assignee
kodo seems very old Mail sent to the assigneeConfirmed to be unmaintained. Closed kooka (replaced by libksane and skanlite on kdesc4) Mail sent to the assigneeKooka is still being developed for kdesc4, OPEN
- korn (old mail indicator applet, kde3), no code in lxr.k.o; Mail sent to the assignee
- kpager is a bit old (unmaintained?) Mail sent to the assignee
kpdf (kde3) was replaced by Okular Mail sent to the assigneeProduct closed for new reports. TODO: The old reports should be reviewed and retested against okular kpercentage seems a bit old Mail sent to the assigneePrior maintainer confirmed it is unmaintained. kquick seems very old, no code Mail sent to the assigneeInvalid mail address. closed kqf seems old (old code on playground), no assigne.. Mail sent to the maintainerConfirmed by maintainer. Closed
- krecord (kde3) seems unmaintained (and no code), some open bug reports Mail sent to the assignee
krichtexteditor <- I'm confused about this one, it could be a kdelibs interface. but there is no standalone (non-test) app using that name -> http://lxr.kde.org/search?filestring=krichtexteditor&string= . Let's ask the assignee Mail sent to the assignee (should we resend to kdelibs?)assignee confirmed that the product is about an old app. Closed. One report moved to kdelibs kwintv seems really old , and replaced by (the now also unmaintained) kdetv Mail sent to the assigneemailinglist not reachable, no code. Closing ksim seems to be a bit old (kde3 code on playground)Mail sent to the assigneemail doesn't exist.. Closed ksirc seems old + no code (lxr.k.o), some open bug reports Mail sent to the assignee Mail rejected....Confirmed to be dead by kde-cafe users. Closed. Suggested to use other IRC clients ksokoban has no code (lxr.kde.org) Mail sent to the assigneeMaintainer of the new kde4 port confirmed that it is still being developed. HOWEVER, under a new name. ksokoban closed, new product arrise. kstockticker seems old, few bug reports and no code. Mail sent to the assigneeassignee confirmed that it can be closed. Closed
- ksvg/ksvg2 seem to be old (merged with Webkit) Ask later
ksysctrlConfirmed to be unmaintained and removed. Closed ksysv seems old + no code Mail sent to the assigneeassignee confirmed it is unmaintained. ktalk: only one very old bug reportClosed ktalkd:Confirmed to be unmaintained by its own dev (dfaure). Closed ktelnet2:Only two old bug reports, on one of them it is mentioned that the application is unmaintained. Closed ktimemon seems old, no code.. Mail sent to the assigneeDeprecated in KDESC4, old kde3 code, not being fixed. Closed. 4 reports closed.
- ktip is no longer a standalone app, but a kdelibs component . reassign????? Ask Later
ktop seems old, no code,few old bug reports Mail sent to the assigneeConfirmed to be the old ksysguard. Closed
- kworldclock seems old, no code, some open bug reports Mail sent to the assignee
kxconfig seems old, no code.Confirmed to be unmaintained/removed since KDE3.2
- noatun Mail sent to the assignee (on 20100120)
sanetracker, no bug reports, no code. Mail sent to the assigneeconfirmed by assignee. Closed