Cleanup of bugzilla product, components and default assignees.
-- Will close the products if the default assignee don't reply after a month
- Generate better descriptions for the valid products (including the kde module)
- Check open bug reports of closed bugzilla products
Unmaintained apps could be removed from extragear or playground (or even from the base kde modules)
- kdetv is not maintained, it could be removed from playground
"kmdi" seems old/unmaintained (should confirm with mattr_AT_kde.org). Mail sent, waiting Confirmed. Added a tag "[Deprecated since KDESC4]"
- "kspell" could be renamed to "sonnet" and may need a new assigne (confirm with zack_AT_kde.org) Mail sent, waiting
- "qt" could include an assignee working on NokiaQt
- "kdesasl" seems old (confirm)
- adept: bugs filed on debian bug tracker.. I asked the maintainer (mornfall)
akodelib: this seems to be an old library. asked the assigne (carewolf) ... the code was moved to kde3-extra The product should remain as requested by carewolf.
- aki (app) & akiirc (lib): IMHO they should be merged (much as konqueror & konqueror/khtml)
- amarok: may need a better description
- binaries: do we still distribute binaries ? Email sent to all the assignees
daap kio: seems very old /unmaintained . I asked the assigne Dev confirmed that the product is unmaintained
- datakiosk: no code, old bug reports I asked the assigne
- guidance-power-manager: the app was confirmed to be unmaintained (jriddell). should we close the bug reports and the product ?
- guidance ??
- kab: one open report (for a kabclient crash (?))
- kbabel: (replaced by Lokalize on kdesc4) I sent an email to both lokalize and kbabel maintainers/assignees... (to know if we should close the open bug reports and the product)
kcanvas seems like an old library. I asked the assignee assignee confirmed that kcanvas was integrated into webkit. Closing
kchat seems old.. assigne's email doesn't exist. CLOSED
- kconfigure seems old. mail sent to the assignee
kcpuload is old, and its reports are closed as UNMAINTAINED. CLOSED
kde-bluetooth is replaced by kbluetooh (>=4.4) closed for new bugs. the open bug reports will remain opened.
- kde-multimedia may need a revamp
- kdeprint still has some open bug reports, even when that framework was deprecated, and the bug product is closed for new reports
kdessh seems old. Mail to assignee bounce Closed, bug report closed.
kdetv seems old/unmaintained, asking assignee. Mail sent The main developer confirmed that the project is dead. Closed product and bug reports.
- kdvi has open bug reports, but it is closed and unmaintained (whom to ask?)
- KExtProcess seems old (has old code in playground) . Mail sent to the assigne/maintainer
keystone seems old (no code according to lxr.k.o) . All the bug reports are old and closed. Closed for new bug reports
- kfortune seems old, no code (lxr.kde.org) and no reports. Mail sent to the assignee
- kghostview seems old, no code (lxr.kde.org), but some bug reports opened Mail sent to the assignee
khexedit2 seems like a dummy product, probably the initial name of Okteta. Mail sent to the assignee (okteta dev) Dev confirmed that khextedit2 was the old name of Okteta. Product removed
kimdaba seems to be the prior name of KPhotoAlbum (it has a few open bug reports) Mail sent to the assignee Confirmed by dev. Closed. One bug report marked as UNMAINTAINED
- klaptopdaemon seems deprecated by PowerDevil (and other tools) Mail sent to the assignee
- klegacyimport seems very old Mail sent to the assignee
klickety seems old (no code according to lxr.k.o); some reports are closed as unmaintained, the assignee is not reacheable. One report will be moved to "kde" . Closing
- klyx has no code, but a few old and closed bug reports. (replaced by kile?) Mail sent to the assignee
kmoon has no code and seems to be an old kicker plugin Mail sent to the assignee confirmed by assignee. Closed
- knetworkconf seems a bit old Mail sent to the assignee
knewmail seems old (very old reports), and no code Mail sent to the assignee mail rejected. Closed
- knu seems very old Mail sent to the assignee
kodo seems very old Mail sent to the assignee Confirmed to be unmaintained. Closed
- kooka (replaced by libksane and skanlite on kdesc4) Mail sent to the assignee
- korn (old mail indicator applet, kde3), no code in lxr.k.o; Mail sent to the assignee
- kpager is a bit old (unmaintained?) Mail sent to the assignee
kpdf (kde3) was replaced by Okular Mail sent to the assignee Product closed for new reports. TODO: The old reports should be reviewed and retested against okular
kpercentage seems a bit old Mail sent to the assignee Prior maintainer confirmed it is unmaintained.
kquick seems very old, no code Mail sent to the assignee Invalid mail address. closed
- kqf seems old (old code on playground), no assigne.. Mail sent to the maintainer
- krecord (kde3) seems unmaintained (and no code), some open bug reports Mail sent to the assignee
krichtexteditor <- I'm confused about this one, it could be a kdelibs interface. but there is no standalone (non-test) app using that name -> http://lxr.kde.org/search?filestring=krichtexteditor&string= . Let's ask the assignee Mail sent to the assignee (should we resend to kdelibs?) assignee confirmed that the product is about an old app. Closed. One report moved to kdelibs
kwintv seems really old , and replaced by (the now also unmaintained) kdetv Mail sent to the assignee mailinglist not reachable, no code. Closing
ksim seems to be a bit old (kde3 code on playground)Mail sent to the assignee mail doesn't exist.. Closed
ksirc seems old + no code (lxr.k.o), some open bug reports Mail sent to the assignee Mail rejected.... Confirmed to be dead by kde-cafe users. Closed. Suggested to use other IRC clients
- ksokoban has no code (lxr.kde.org) Mail sent to the assignee
kstockticker seems old, few bug reports and no code. Mail sent to the assignee assignee confirmed that it can be closed. Closed
- ksvg/ksvg2 seem to be old (merged with Webkit) Ask later
ksysctrl Confirmed to be unmaintained and removed. Closed
- ksysv seems old + no code Mail sent to the assignee
ktalk: only one very old bug report Closed
ktalkd: Confirmed to be unmaintained by its own dev (dfaure). Closed
ktelnet2: Only two old bug reports, on one of them it is mentioned that the application is unmaintained. Closed
- ktimemon seems old, no code.. Mail sent to the assignee
- ktip is no longer a standalone app, but a kdelibs component . reassign????? Ask Later
- ktop seems old, no code,few old bug reports Mail sent to the assignee
- kworldclock seems old, no code, some open bug reports Mail sent to the assignee
kxconfig seems old, no code. Confirmed to be unmaintained/removed since KDE3.2
- noatun Mail sent to the assignee (on 20100120)
sanetracker, no bug reports, no code. Mail sent to the assignee confirmed by assignee. Closed
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.