No admin button in system settings
GTK-QT not working, Firefox looks awful
- installed gtk-qt-engine-kde4 and it appears in system settings, but has no effect on firefox, thunderbird, gimp, etc.
- Other have this problem no solutions
- Found that settings must be applied as root in system settings (see above), pidgin and gimp look right, but Firefox and Thunderbird are still in 1995 grey sqaure<s>Got the scrollbars working by runnning the ubuntu version of Firefox, we'll see if flash behaves. Buttons have odd grey boxed around them still...
- Firefox cannot properly set helper applications (ktorrent, okular, etc)
- Cannot set khotkeys for media keys on logitech keyboard
- khotkeys is "in a bit of a broken state" no known workarounds
- <s>Dolphin has no "Open Terminal here" option an icon can be added to the toolbar
Amarok crashes every time I run it (need to compile amarok 2.0)
- Startup sound starts playing fine, and then gets cutoff
- Phonon sometimes gives weird sound failing message
- Surround sound does not work at all. Conflicting instructions on how to set this up, but no settings in KDE4 anywhere that I can see
- Kaffeine and Flash appear to be stealing Xine from each other
- (Kaffeine is working on a KDE4 release coming soon. Dragon player doesn't work/has no settings)
Flash randomly stops working in Firefox. It will start out fine, and then after a bit will only show grey boxes where flash should be. 64bit thing? Why would it do this? It seems this is a problem only with the official ubuntu firefox package. The mozilla package works fine
- Dolphin has no right-click extract options ark can't handle this?
- KDE tries to start applications I had running on logout every time I logout. I do not want it to do this!
- The latest Kopete no longer works with google talk Others have this problem Pidgin works fine
- Konversation opens links in some strange Gnome "Web Browser", even though I have specified an absolute path to Firefox in System Settings>Default Applications
- Numlock unsets every restart!
- There is no way to hide systray icons
- There is no 'show desktop' icon on the kicker. Can I add one? Where?
- Hide cursor when zoomed in
- Ability to close windows when running the Expose-like "Present Windows"