Sys Admin Area
I've created the start of a basic Sys Admin area, which is essentially taken from the existing KDE sysadmin pages. Everyone seems to agree that the current location is a poor choice. I spent some time today doing up a mind map of the information there and broke out the new sys admin page on this wiki along those lines.
However, before I get too far along the trail, I'd like to confirm with others that this is a desired development. I'm also interested in feedback on the entries I made on the new sys admin page. --Aseigo 00:44, 30 January 2007 (CET)
- I do like it, but granted, I'm only the sysadmin of my own installations :) --Dhaumann 09:10, 30 January 2007 (CET)
- I indeed like it. We should put all the pages into a SysAdmin category or something similar.
- Btw, I even think we should tag all articles with KDE3 and/or KDE4. For example all tutorials which right now are implicit for KDE4 should still be tagged as such. Then, they also consequently appear in "Allpages > KDE4". --Dhaumann 01:50, 3 February 2007 (CET)
We again have so many entries that I have to scroll the MainPage (resolution: 1400x1050). I think the page makes a better impression if it's rather compact. I do not see how to shrink it though, yet. --Dhaumann 01:50, 3 February 2007 (CET)
I suggest we move to cc-by-sa right from the beginning. Please see the Draft Debian Position Statement About The GNU Free Documentation License(GFDL). Logixoul 14:10, 8 September 2006 (CEST)
- Or dual license, keep GFDL and use CC. (There was some discussion about this on Wikipedia iirc) CuCullin 19:31, 9 January 2007 (CET)
- Dual license seems sanest to me as well. I'd also suggest just cc-sa. I'm not sure what we would expect/hope to win with attribution requirements? Especially since the authorship will be large... --Aseigo 00:44, 30 January 2007 (CET)
- Maybe we should display the license(s) in the footer, something like "... | Legal | <here comes the license>" --Dhaumann 01:50, 3 February 2007 (CET)
I really like the Oxygen theme on this wiki, but might we reconsider the fixed width bit? It makes some of the pages (e.g. recent changes) not work as well, wrapping lines and making them difficult to read. --Axiom 20:50, 14 January 2007 (CET)
- We have had this discussion over and over again but at the same time we got very positive feedback (e.g. on the kde-www mailing list). Changing the layout is very unlikely. I agree that due to our use of subpages the urls get long and a bit unreadable, but that's hardly a reason to change the layout of all *kde.org pages. --Dhaumann 23:49, 14 January 2007 (CET)
- You can configure which skin is used in your preferences. A "Full width Oxygen" skin would be nice. --Argonel 04:44, 18 January 2007 (CET)
Something wrong with the CAPTCHAs
Every time I make an edit, it says I am trying to add a url, even when I am not. Perhaps I will get better a simple math, but they are slightly annoying. --Axiom 19:51, 21 January 2007 (CET)
- Ping danimo about this issue. I had the same problem even after I registered. He had to nudge my account properly to make it work. --Aseigo 00:44, 30 January 2007 (CET)
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.