Translations talk:Installing third party softwares in terminal/Build/KDE4/Prerequisites
Change to build directory for qt-copy
Hey, just noticed the change from cs to cb while making qt-copy. Sounds logical - but now you always have to install qt-copy because build/qt-copy != $QTDIR.
CU Daniel --184.108.40.206 16:32, 24 February 2008 (CET)
- As far as I know that is the recommmended procedure. You have a source dir, a build dir and an install dir.
[Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:00:06] <thiago_home> if you set it, it should point to the build dir. So if people expect $QTDIR/src/corelib/global/qglobal.h to exist, it will break. [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:00:17] <thiago_home> actually, QTDIR should point to the *install* dir [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:00:26] <thiago_home> just like KDEDIR, yes [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:00:36] <_Brandon_> yeah it points to that [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:02:12] <steveire> How about if I use prefix $KDEDIR? [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:03:51] <steveire> Or set QTDIR to ~/qt [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:03:51] <_Brandon_> yeah but you have to do make install after make in that case [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:04:29] <thiago_home> you always have to do make install [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:04:42] <steveire> Really it'll probably only be necessary for a few months until the distros put the released version in repos [Sun Feb 17 2008] [16:05:29] <steveire> I'll leave it as is in the bashrc actaully. ~/qt-copy
--Steveire 20:30, 24 February 2008 (CET)
- Yes, I also think it is reasonable to have a separate build dir. But the current state is inconsistent. If you move qt-copy to a build dir you also have to change $QTDIR to that directory. IIRC some time ago the article explicitly stated that qt-copy goes into ~.
- CU Daniel --220.127.116.11 20:37, 26 February 2008 (CET)
- Yes, it did. In the current scenario there's a source dir (~/kde/src/qt-copy), a build dir (~/kde/build/qt-copy) and an installation directory (~/qt-copy) set by $QTDIR. Compare that to the src/build/install for kdelibs: ~/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs : ~/kde/build/KDE/kdelibs : ~/kde
- I don't see how it's inconsistent. If you want to set $QTDIR in your .bashrc to something else, like ~/kde/qt-copy go ahead. Beyond that I don't think I know anymore, and IRC might be a better channel to discuss it. --Steveire 21:50, 26 February 2008 (CET)
Can't build Soprano
Following these instructions, Soprano does not build. I get the following error (repeated many times):
/home/kde-devel/src/kdesupport/soprano/server/dbus/dbusutil.cpp: In function ‘void Soprano::DBus::sendErrorReply(const QDBusMessage&, const Soprano::Error::Error&)’: /home/kde-devel/src/kdesupport/soprano/server/dbus/dbusutil.cpp:35: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘const struct Soprano::Error::Error’ /home/kde-devel/src/kdesupport/soprano/server/dbus/dbusutil.h:32: error: forward declaration of ‘const struct Soprano::Error::Error’