Difference between revisions of "Talk:Development/Tutorials/Using KActions"
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
Revision as of 22:07, 27 December 2007
2007/3/18: The .ui file isn't working with trunk from svn
I fixed it by using this instead:
<!DOCTYPE kpartgui SYSTEM "kpartgui.dtd"> <kpartgui version="2" name="tutorial3"> <ToolBar name="mainToolBar" >
<text>Main Toolbar</text> <Action name="clear" /> </ToolBar> <MenuBar> <Menu name="file" > <text>&File</text> <Action name="clear" /> </Menu> </MenuBar>
I'm not shure why. Should this be added to the tutorial?
Let's wait, to my experience this is repaired quickly --Tstaerk 21:12, 18 March 2007 (CET)
after creating the files i get this error message after starting the tutorial 3 application (through dbus-launch ./tutorial3):
tutorial3: WARNING: KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file tutorial3ui.rc
but this file exists in the current directory... any hint? thx --Stefon 21:41, 16 April 2007 (CEST)
- It tells you in the CMake section that you must install the application in order to get it to work. --milliams 22:38, 16 April 2007 (CEST)
sorry. you are right. maybe we can stress this difference out a little more?
--Stefon 00:31, 18 April 2007 (CEST)
Broken tutorial (kdelibs have changed)
KAction has no constructor which takes a KActionCollection and a QString as stated in the tutorial. Also, moments later in the "final" code section, this constructor is not used.
A QAction is also being used! :@
--Gavinbeatty 22:50, 19 June 2007 (CEST)
Well it seems that KActionCollection extends QAction, so I doubt it's even possible or sane to use a KAction here. Not to mention that if you use QAction you depend a little less on the kdelibs. The problem is that knowing that, you learn basically nothing about KAction in this Tutorial.
- Where possible, K* classes should be used in place of Q* classes. I've fixed the tutorial to correctly use KAction. --milliams 17:26, 28 June 2007 (CEST)
The link on KStandardAction is dead, it should lead to http://api.kde.org/4.0-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/namespaceKStandardAction.html but leads to classmapper, which doesn't find it. 12/27/07
- It's really a problem with classmapper that it doesn't search for namespace matches. Nonetheless, I've changed it now to hard-link to the url. Thanks for pointing this out. --milliams 23:07, 27 December 2007 (CET)