If you cannot finish a feature in time, please consider moving it to the [
kde-3.1-features. html KDE 3.1 Planned Features]. |+|
If you cannot finish a feature in time, please consider moving it to the [.KDE 3.1 Planned Features].
| || |
Latest revision as of 10:35, 10 May 2008
If you cannot finish a feature in time, please consider moving it to the KDE 3.1 Planned Features.
 Konqueror / KHTML part
- KHTML: configurable disabling of automatic redirects / reloads, Dirk
 KDE Bindings
- update existing Java bindings
- add Objective C bindings
- add C bindings
- More PlayObjects (more fileformats)
- Improvements of the MIDI capabilities (alsa support)
- Integration of new GSL scheduling code
- More support for using samples as instruments (.PAT loader)
- Recording support in the APIs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Threaded OSS support (should run more reliable on more kernel drivers)
 Konqueror / KHTML part
- KHTML: support for http-post reloadk
- KHTML: Fixed the widget placement problem finally
- KHTML: <KEYGEN> support (Dirk)
- Plugin and new KTextEditor interface
- Add GUI for configuring "animated gifs", Waldo Bastian <email@example.com>
- Improvements in the DHTML compatibility with other browsers
- Konqueror actions work in new sidebar
- "New directory" feature in sidebar's directory tree
- adding Sidebar mediaplayer - Joseph Wenninger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- display metadata about files in tool tips and edit them in the props dialog <email@example.com>
 KDE Libs
- Completion of certificate and CA management tools, George Staikos
- KCertPart, George Staikos
- URL Speedbar in KFileDialog, Carsten Pfeiffer
- Simple bookmark editing facility for KFileDialog, Carsten Pfeiffer
- Tries to add button icon support for KDialogBase and KMessageBox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- KAction: separate attributes into a dedicated GUI item class, Martijn / Simon / Holger
- Add a plugin interface to the RenameDlg in KIO <email@example.com>
- Improved service activation (dcopstart), Waldo Bastian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Multi-key shortcut (emacs-style) allow a user to define a sequence of keys leading to a particular action. For example: Meta+I,I => ksirc, Meta+I,M => kmail, Meta+I,K => konqueror. Ellis Whitehead <email@example.com>
- WebDAV support, Hamish Rodda <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- A new plugin system to get/modify meta information about files specific to their mimetype. Primary use is Konqueror, but it can be used anywhere, Rolf Magnus <email@example.com>
- Add caching to KDirLister, Michael Brade <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Emulation of traditional Mac keyboard, where Ctrl is called "Control", Win "Option", and Alt "Command" -- and Command has the function of Ctrl. (Does not work for all keyboard layouts) Ellis Whitehead <email@example.com>
- switching desktops as necessary when dragging a window, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
 KDE Print
- Global XML import/export for the playlist
- Winamp skin loader
- Icecast/Shoutcast streaming
- Hide close status and tag displaying
- Add at least kuick the quick copy and move plugin <email@example.com>
- New parameters: --nomenubar, --noframe, --noscrollbar and -tn <foo> (set $TERM=<foo>)
- Keyboard shortcuts to activate menubar and rename session (Defaults: Ctrl-Alt-m & Ctrl-Alt-s).
- New options: Blinking cursor, configurable line spacing, no/system/visible bell
- Monitoring for activity and/or silence, sending of input to all sessions (cluster management)
- History of a session can be cleared, searched and saved to a file.
- Session types can specify a working directory.
- Changed behaviour of "New" in toolbar, now starts session of type last selected.
- Session buttons display state (e.g. bell) and session type icons. Double click renames them.
- Sessions can be reordered via menu entries or keyboard shortcuts (Default: Ctrl-Shift-Left/Right).
- Extend selection until end of line if no more characters are printed on that line.
- Stop scrolling of output when selecting.
- Drag & drop of selected text (like CDE's dtterm)
- Pressing Ctrl while pasting with middle mouse button will send selection buffer.
- Hollow out cursor when losing focus.
- Support for ScrollLock with LED display.
- Write utmp entries (requires installed utempter library).
- Proper implementation of secondary device attributes, MODE_Mouse1000 and wrapped lines.
- Session management remembers and activates last active session.
- DCOP interface, sets environment variables KONSOLE_DCOP & KONSOLE_DCOP_SESSION
- Made embeddable Konsole part configurable.
- KDE Control Center: Added "Terminal Size Hint" option and session type editor.
- added regexp-editor integration in various places in KDE
- added context specific regexps in the list box
- Redesign of the KDesktop class (modularization) and support for merging dirs ($KDEDIRS)
- Implement support for having the panel centered on the screen edge - Fredrik
 Kicker Applets
- kpf - web server applet, designed for sharing files. Rik Hemsley (rikkus) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- XML Plugin, Daniel Naber <email@example.com>
- Maildir support
- Distribution lists and aliases
- SMTP authentication
- SMTP over SSL/TLS
- Pipelining for POP3 (faster mail download on slow responding networks)
- On demand downloading or deleting without downloading of big mails on a POP3 server
- Various improvements for IMAP
- Permanent header caching
- Header fetching is much faster
- Creating/removing of folders
- Drats/sent-mail/trash folders on the server
- Mail checking in all folders
- Automatic configuration of the POP3/IMAP/SMTP security features
- Automatic encoding selection for outgoing mails.
- DIGEST-MD5 authentication
- Identity based sent-mail and drafts folders
- Expiry of old messages
- Hotkey to temporary switch to fixed width fonts
- UTF-7 support
- Enhanced status reports for encrypted/signed messages
- making the interface complete to avoid BIC problems in the future
- fixing parser to make it recognize regexps from the listbox
- Copy and paste text from a DVI file
- Full text search
- Export DVI files to plain text
- Forward search with Emacs and XEmacs
- Inverse search with a variety of editors
- DCOP Interface
- Improved command-line options
 KDE PIM
- Replace libkab by new addressbook API (libkabc) and port the applications using the address book (KAddressBook, KMail, KOrganizer, Kandy, KNode, klprfax, kmailcvt), Cornelius Schumacher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re-work conduits as plugins
- Support for USB Visors
- Extensive addition of tooltips
- Move to .ui files as much as possible
- Plugin interface
- Group scheduling
- Split alarm daemon in a low-level and a GUI part
- pinning contacts to appointments and TODO's <email@example.com>
 KDE Edu
- Inclusion of the 'kdeedu' module, Chris Howells <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Catalog Manager as a standalone application
- Find/Replace in all files
- Reorganize module locations in CVS - Daniel Molkentin <email@example.com>
- Unify and improve behaviour of suid-root modules - Daniel Molkentin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reorganize module tree structure where required - Daniel Molkentin <email@example.com>, Torsten Rahn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Tighter integration of Qt designer for creation of KControl modules - Daniel Molkentin <email@example.com>
- Add TearOffHandles to menus where they are appropriate <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This page was last modified on 10 May 2008, at 10:35. This page has been accessed 8,900 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.