KDE Web Developers Meeting for September 2008
The idea behind this meeting is to determine some future goals for the porting of kde.org and its sub domains over to a CMS system and also on the future of open collaboration services within the KDE online community.
The meeting will be held in the #kde-www IRC channel on Freenode. You can enter your preferred time slot for the meeting here: http://doodle.ch/uh89v5vnuigdevkm
This meeting was originally scheduled for the 21st September 2008 at 1300 GMT, however has been postponed to a later time.
Here is a basic list of what we're going to try and cover:
- What is the current state of the KDE family of websites?
- Outdated/obsolete information - how pervasive?
- Copyright issues - no policy on reuse of information and images
- Well maintained sites
- What obstacles are there that would make improving KDE websites difficult?
- Changing to a CMS system
- Which CMS do we use (Possibly Drupal)
- Porting content
- Re-word content to improve perception of KDE (see: )
- CMS upgrades and versioning issues
- Centralising the management of users, information and services for all parts of the KDE community
- Open Collaboration Services
- What roles can be allocated out immediately
- Build a list of people wanting to help out
- Organise a physical KDE WWW developers meeting
- Organise another IRC meeting
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.