This meeting focuses on KDE wikis.
See http://www.doodle.com/z2ukyr3nxx8k6bc2 for a vote.
- Migrate obsolete web content to userbase and techbase (e.g. pim.kde.org and kontact.kde.org)
- Find a place and a structure for community content (see techbase/Projects and the ideas around communitybase.kde.org)
- Improve Wiki style, so it handles our needs, e.g. in terms of program code, better.
- Implement common login for techbase and userbase
- Implement template for applications on userbase
- Find solution for wiki.kde.org
- Write down a clear definition of what content should go where, and what purpose the different Wikis have
Past wiki meetings
- how do we handle different languages (this is a follow-up)?
- At the moment, all is a mess. If I do a search in a pure english installation, I may get russian results, I do not like this. This could be easily solved with namespaces.
- possible solution: mediawiki namespaces
- tstaerk's favorite solution, yet to be tested. Problem: How do we adapt the name spaces to be searched by default? Maybe so?
- possible solution: subdomains
- Frederic Sheedy <firstname.lastname@example.org> has an interest in developing this area. we have already discussed it in broad terms. annew
- what about wiki.kde.org (this is a redirects follow up)?
- rating system wanted?
- what about breadcrumb navigation?
- jstaniek is going to do this for userbase. annew
- how do we make openid work in the sense of one login for both userbase and techbase sites?
- what about the community web site described at Projects/PIM/Meetings/Osnabrueck_7?
- we want two pages: one for users and one for developers. The developers' page will focus on community and technology. If we make a separate page for the community, we will run into definition problems: E.g. what about projects? Do they belong to community or to technology?
- we want three pages: userbase, techbase and community
- we want four pages: userbase, techbase, community and projects
- can't we show "this site has been visited X times" below an article?
- can we all get a Unix user for immanuel? Is it all running on immanuel?