Meeting theme: Usability Bugs!
Proposed window bar layout (part of Bug 187233)
- Bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=187233
- Proposed layout:
- Action: slougi to write script to allow users to switch between their current and proposed window bar layouts, so we can test lots of users
- Action: slougi to organize meeting with KWin folks to review other issues
Make often used/primary actions (e. g. "empty trash") more prominent
- Issue: In context and menubar menus, the most common actions could be more prominently displayed to help users more quickly identify them, and to help them make a decision
- Action: NSaibot to coordinate with others and come up with mockups/screenshots of different design ideas to be discussed at the next meeting.
Konqueror's "save password" dialog is unintuitive
- Bug: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=154564
- Issue: Cannot launch Kmenu from single key because the System key is a modifier. Needs to be fixed at the kdelibs level (kdeui/dialogs/kshortcutsdialog.cpp?).
- Action: seele to contact mjansen to discuss problem
Select/enter newly created folder/file automatically
- Bug: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155706
- Proposal: When a new folder is created, the user should automatically be entered in to the new folder.
- Resolution: On new folder creationg: Dolphin selects folder, File Save enters folder. New folder functionality will be removed from File Open.
- sreich to discuss with dfaure and submit patch