This is the planning page for the first KDE Usability IRC Meeting in #kde-usability on irc.freenode.org.
Next Meeting Feb 21 20UTC
The following are the planned topics for the next meeting. If we do not get through the list in 2 hours, the topics will be covered in the next meeting. If we get through the list in < 2 hours, we will add an additional topic from the main meeting topics list if the people necessary are in attendance.
- Menubar: Settings vs. More information on View Menu page. (CelesteLynPaul)
- Proposed guideline: "most applications should have only one toolbar" (Agateau)
- default action of service icons
- Get hot new stuff: Should description text be wrapped? (Thomas Pfeiffer)
- KDE design patterns: Are they known/useful/being used? See SoU Workspace (Thomas Pfeiffer)
- KWin: Placement policy 'Remember' (Bug 15329)
- Dolphin/Konqueror: Select/enter newly created folder/file (Bug 155706)
- Keyboard's "Super" key doesn't launch Kickoff (Bug 154564)
- To which menu entry we should add icons, and to which one we shouldn't add icons. ( Possible UI case could by Qt application Kadu Instant Messenger: 1) http://tinyurl.com/menukadu , 2) http://tinyurl.com/menucontacts , 3) http://tinyurl.com/menuhelp2 , 4) http://tinyurl.com/menucontext2 [Too many icons] )
Add meeting topics you would like to discuss. Not all of the topics will be able to be covered in a single meeting and so might be deferred until later. Please include your name/irc nick and a link to a project page or bug.
- Desktop Settings Dialog: Review its usability (Anne-Marie Mahfouf)
- Improve Desktop Theme: Customized (works with Desktop Theme Details kcm from System Settings)
- Add SlideShow effects options: where, how
- Amarok 2 general usability <-- Probably have a separate meeting for this