Rich lists provide more information than just an item's name. They can be used for selection or manipulation of objects.
[place mockup here]
Ask the following questions:
1. Is the main purpose for the rich list to select items for an action to be performed on them later (e.g. by clicking a global action button)?
- If yes, ask the second question
- If not, use the Rich Manipulation List
2. Can the user make an informed selection based on icon/preview, title and two lines of description?
- If yes, use the Rich Selection List
- If she wight need more information, use the Rich Manipulation list