This page displays the state of System Settings modules documentation: outdated documentation, missing documentation or up-to-date documentation.
Note: KHelpCenter needs to display System Settings help in a smarter way than it currently does in the list view on the left. Icons need to be assigned.
System Settings doc is still the KControl one. If a menu is included in System Settings, the kcontrol doc needs to be updated to be linked to this menu.
kcm modules docs
- Appearance -> Windows: doc from 2003
- Appearance -> Theme Manager: no doc
- Appearance -> Colors: doc from 2003
- Appearance -> Style: 2005 - seems up-to-date
- Appearance -> SplashScreen: no doc
- Appearance ->Fonts: doc from 2003, very few things to update
- Appearance ->Icons: from 2003 but seems mostly up-to-date
- Desktop -> Desktop Effects: Help button enabled but no doc
- Desktop ->Launch Feedback: doc from 2006 - is up-to-date
- Desktop ->Screen Saver: doc from 2005 - seems up-to-date
- Notifications -> System Notifications: doc from 2003 - needs a big refresh
- Notifications -> System bell: doc is OK
- Windows -> Window Specific: 1 typo and doc points to Window Behavior but
describes Window Specific
- Windows -> Window Behavior: no doc
- About me -> Paths: doc named Paths but describes something else
- About Me -> Password & User Account: no doc
- Accessibility: doc from 2005 - to update
- Default Applications: no doc
- Regional & Languages -> Country & Region: doc from 2003 - to update
- Regional & Languages -> Keyboard Layout: doc from 2003 - to update
- Network Settings -> Connection Preferences: up-to-date!
- Network Settings -> Proxy: seems up-to-date
- Network Settings -> Service Discovery: no doc
- Sharing: Help button enabled but no doc
- Date & Time: to update when the Administrator mode is working
- Display -> Size & Orientation: no doc
- Display -> Power Control: doc is up-to-date!
- Font Installer: doc exists - to check when Administrator mode is working
- Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard: doc is up-to-date!
- Keyboard & Mouse -> Mouse: mostly OK but need to remove Logitech tab
- Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts: no doc
Sound: no doc
- CDDB Retrieval (none)
- File Associations is from 2003
- Input Actions: none
- KDE Resources: Help button enabled but it does nothing
- Nepomuk: none
- Service Manager: none
- Session Manager: doc from 2003
- Solid: Help button enabled but no doc
- KDM: to update
- Samba: Help button is enabled but does nothing - doc exists, to update
Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.