KRDC (KDE Remote Desktop Connection) - UI Redesign and overall revamp
This SoC project is going to improve KRDC. For more informations please read the SoC application information . This page should give you a short overview about the project roadmap and progress. You can probably also find updates on my blog
My aim in this project will be to completely overhaul KRDC. This will include the following points:
- make KRDC functional under Qt4 / KDE4
- rework the user interface, almost certainly providing a tabbed interface (#136049)
- clean up the code to make it more maintainable (mainly user interface code, adopting clean KDE 4 / Qt4 conventions, and look to reduce duplicate code - for example, the SmartPtr implementation)
- provide better integration into the KDE desktop (for example, #123346, better kwallet integration)
- update vnc part (consider using external lib or update at least to a more recent version) (#59026)
- consider points listed on http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Krdc+Roadmap
- close as many issues (bugs/feature requests) as possible. Priority issues are:
- #136049 RFE: use tabbed interface
- #59026 Synchronize KRDC with LibVNCClient
- #103934 Support for more rdesktop options
- #123346 Dock icons not themeable
- #124082 remember and suggest the last visited address
- #116934 "report bug" entry missing
- #108619 Special Keys button in full screen mode
- #121146 window title should include host connection type
- #132367 kwallet integration only stores the password, username needed as well for some viewers
-> Some other issues should be easy to resolve (or will be resolved automatically together with other bugs - e.g. after VNC update).
- update / rewrite user documentation
You can find the code in KDE SVN; /trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/krdc
(Recently moved from /branches/work/soc-krdc)
Of course you need a working and up-to-date kdelibs environment for building KRDC. To setup the correct environment to compile KRDC please follow the instructions at Getting_Started/Build.
As KRDC is included in kdenetwork it will be installed as part of this package.
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork
If you don't want to compile all of kdenetwork, you can do the following steps:
svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork
svn up krdc
svn up cmake
To compile the original soc-krdc code:
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/soc-krdc
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR ..
For RDP support rdesktop is needed. This is a runtime dependence.
For VNC support libvncclient (libvncserver) is required (<=0.9).
- ↑ SoC Application Information: http://code.google.com/soc/kde/appinfo.html?csaid=9064143E62AF5BA6
- ↑ Blog: http://uwolfer.fwo.ch/blog/
- ↑ KRDC SVN branch: http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/krdc/
- ↑ KRDC soc svn branch:http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-krdc/
This page was last modified on 29 June 2011, at 20:49. This page has been accessed 5,785 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2.