The KDE Release Team Project Page
The purpose of the KDE Release Team is to define and execute the official software releases of KDE.
The Release Team is responsible for setting release schedules for the official KDE releases. This includes release dates, deadlines for individual release steps and restrictions for code changes.
The Release Team coordinates release dates with the marketing and press efforts of KDE.
The Release Team is composed of Module Coordinators, Marketing Team liaison (sebas), and the people who actually do the work of tagging and creating the releases (dirk).
As is our tradition, decision making is an open and public process and we welcome input from all concerned parties, including our partners, the packagers, and the distros.
- The 4.0 branch is in bugfixing mode, preparing for 4.0.4 to be tagged by the end of April 2008. Bugfix / translation updates are being shipped on a monthly schedule.
- Trunk is open for new features, new strings, bugfixing, and new artwork in preparation for 4.1.0 expected in Jul-Aug 2008
Module coordinators perform the following duties:
- primary point of contact for the Release Team concerning issues with the module
- help determine release schedules
- communicate release schedules with the module developers
- provide feedback from developers to the Release Team
- review new applications for inclusion in the module
- review old, unmaintained applications for removal from the modules and help find new maintainers
- review external dependencies for the module
- help set and review goals for major and feature releases
- help with release preparation (eg. update application version numbers)
|kdelibs||KDE foundational libraries||help wanted|
|kdepimlibs||KDE personal information libraries||Allen Winter|
|kdebase-runtime||Applications required by KDE apps to function properly at runtime, such as a help browser, framework (e.g. phonon, solid) backends, and certain configuration modules||Olivier Goffart|
|kdebase-workspace||the UNIX/Linux desktop shell||help wanted|
|kdebase-apps||Essential apps needed to complement a desktop shell for basic functionality (web browser, file manager, ...)||help wanted|
|kdeaccessibility||Accessibility applications||Gunnar Schmi Dt|
|kdeartwork||Additional icons, styles, etc.||help wanted|
|kdeadmin||Tools for system administration||Nicolas Ternisien|
|kdeedu||Applications with educational content||Anne-Marie Mahfouf|
|kdegraphics||Graphics viewing and editing||Aaron Seigo|
|kdemultimedia||Audio and video applications||Matthias Kretz|
|kdenetwork||Network-centric apps (IM, remote desktop, etc)||Urs Wolfer|
|kdereview||Staging area||Tom Albers|
|kdesdk||Tools for software development||Matt Rogers|
|kdetoys||Fun distractions||Stefan Böhmann|
|kdeutils||Miscellaneous utilities||Friedrich W. H. Kossebau|
|kdevplatform||KDE Development Applications Platform libraries||Matt Rogers|
|kdewebdev||Web development tool suite||Andras Mantia|
|extragear||Extragear||Helio Chissini de Castro|
|l10n-kde4||Localization||Albert Astals Cid|