Projects/Promo/Booth and Marketing Sprint 2009
This page is about the Booth Sprint 2009 and the Marketing Sprint 2009. We are aiming at a joint sprint location and date.
Please pick suitable locations at http://doodle.com/kugq7vizs73uvhfw
Please pick suitable dates at http://doodle.com/w92mtg9z6zqngx7d
In general, everything related to booths (and promo). Feel free to suggest things you'd like to do as well.
- flyers: there have been some cool "get involved" flyers on the promo list lately, however, what's missing is the kind of flyer that informs about KDE, about pim, about edu, etc.
- posters and other booth artwork: how should KDE booths look like?
- booth box: what do we have, what do we need, does the booth box fulfill its purpose, what else can be improved, ...
- KDE showcase: an installation medium which is dedicated to showcase KDE (this already started at openSUSE conference)
- documentation: make life easier by providing to-do lists and/or guidelines for booth setup, booth management, questions you have to answer, ...
Interested in participating
|Eckhart Wörner||no for Stuttgart, yes otherwise|
|Frank Karlitschek||no for Stuttgart, yes otherwise|
|Frederik Gladhorn||no for Stuttgart, yes otherwise|
|Mark Kretschmann||unlikely if it is in Berlin|
|Myriam Schweingruber||unlikely if it's in Berlin|
|Valerie Hoh||no for Stuttgart, yes otherwise|
|Jörg Hoh||no for Stuttgart, yes otherwise|
Over the course of 3-5 days, a get-together of marketing people could come up with content and graphics for both the booklet and spread.kde.org (and probably design some posters and other promo material), while also discussing and preparing the KDE 4.4 release announcement and feature guide. We might even have a shot at doing some other kde.org work. And of course - drink beer!
So we propose to do that meeting. Get a bunch of people together for hard work. The goal is both planning and coordinating but also explicitly to Get Things Done (TM). Specifically to generate content for the release, booklet and spread.kde.org. The 4.4 release deserves it.