Difference between revisions of "Projects/Promo/Booth and Marketing Sprint 2009"
|Line 147:||Line 147:|
| Monday morning
| Monday morning
| ~$650 USD
| ~$650 USD
Revision as of 16:45, 9 October 2009
This page is about the Booth Sprint 2009 and the Marketing Sprint 2009. We are aiming at a joint sprint location and date.
November 13 to November 15 We will expect arrivals from Thursday 12th on and departures on Monday 16th. Of course this depends on convenience for each participant... (using http://doodle.com/w92mtg9z6zqngx7d)
In general, everything related to booths (and promo). Feel free to suggest things you'd like to do as well.
- flyers: there have been some cool "get involved" flyers on the promo list lately, however, what's missing is the kind of flyer that informs about KDE, about pim, about edu, etc.
- posters and other booth artwork: how should KDE booths look like?
- booth box: what do we have, what do we need, does the booth box fulfill its purpose, what else can be improved, ...
- KDE showcase: an installation medium which is dedicated to showcase KDE (this already started at openSUSE conference)
- documentation: make life easier by providing to-do lists and/or guidelines for booth setup, booth management, questions you have to answer, ...
- Write text for a promotional folder for FOSS.in (this is how the idea started, we need this for Praedeepto in India but these folders can/will come to Europe as well).
- final content for spread.kde.org based on the above.
- first content for release announcement and feature guide for 4.4 and creating a plan for the next few months to finish it properly.
- move on rebranding:
- kde.org/whatiskde text rewritten
- about dialog for KDE (which still mentions K Desktop Environment) rewritten
- dot story about rebranding.
There are also several other things, like preparing for the marketing around next Akademy, articles for the dot etc we need to discuss.
The morning of the first day will be used for creating a realistic plan of what we want to accomplish.
- reworking the navigation structure of www.kde.org
- improving the contents of www.kde.org
- moving pages from www.kde.org and *.kde.org to wikis
- working on a new start page for www.kde.org
Accommodation will be taken care off, the below is only for planning purposes.
There is a service for bed&breakfasts and appartments in and around Stuttgart at http://www.night-and-day.de/nightandday/en/OurRegions/Stuttgart/ The largest appartments they offer accomodate 8 people - though it seems the larger, the further outside of Stuttgart (but with decent public transportation).
As soon as we know the costs for each person, we will apply for reimbursement from the e.V. Each of the participants books their flight/tickets etc and sends a reimbursement form to the e.V. (kde.org/ev)
It is usually cheaper, when flying trans-Atlantic to fly to London or Paris first and then use Ryanair or another low cost carrier to get to the final destination. The English language wikipedia page suggests that there is a direct flight Atlanta to Stuttgart via Delta Airlines if anyone is looking that route.
There is an international airport in Stuttgart. However, it doesn't look like they have direct transatlantic flights. Luckily, there is a direct train connection going from right underneath the Frankfurt airport terminal to Stuttgart main station, which is most likely the easier and cheaper route.
Interested in participating
Please add your name, whether you need accomodation and what your approximate travel costs are.
|Name||Acc. needed||Arrival||Departure||Travel costs|
|Eckhart Wörner||no||always there||EUR 0|
|Frank Karlitschek||no||EUR 0|
|Frederik Gladhorn||no||always there, except Saturday||EUR 0|
|Lydia Pintscher||yes||Thursday evening probably||Monday Morning probably||~40 Euro|
|Jos Poortvliet||Yes||Thursday night||Monday afternoon||EUR 100|
|Stuart Jarvis||Yes||Thurs evening||Monday afternoon||~EUR130|
|Justin Kirby||Yes||Leave Thurs evening, red eye to arrive Fri morning||Monday morning||~$650 USD|
|Kenny Duffus||Yes||Thurs evening||Monday afternoon||~EUR230|