|Line 368:||Line 368:|
=== Breakout Groups ===
=== Breakout Groups ===
day two will split up small groups on topics will start with short presentations important about the topic of interest to get everybody up to speed
==== Plasma Mobile ====
==== Plasma Mobile ====
|Line 375:||Line 377:|
|Line 389:||Line 391:|
Revision as of 19:02, 5 February 2010
- 1 Tokamak 4 Oxygen 3 2010
- 2 Participants
- 3 Special Needs
- 4 Topics
Tokamak 4 Oxygen 3 2010
The fourth Tokamak Plasma Meeting and the third Oxygen Gathering will take place in Nuremberg, Germany on February 19th to 26th.
We will be hosted by Novell in the openSUSE offices in Nuremberg. The community space includes a large meeting room with AV infrastructure, a cafe-style area and a hacking bar. And of course you benefit from being only metres away from the KDE SVN server.
SUSE Linux Products GmbH
Accommodation has been organised in the Berufsförderungswerk Nuernberg (Nuremberg Professional Training College) and the youth hostel in the historic Imperial Stables in Nuremberg's castle! Echoes of Nove Hrady...
Accommodation Friday + Saturday
(change to #2/depart on Sunday)
Schleswiger Str. 101
phone +49 911 938-6
Accommodation Sunday to Friday
phone +49 911 230936-12
Tokamak 4 Location Map shows where things are. Note that the accommodation for the first 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) is not the same as for the rest of the week.
Nuremberg is easily reachable by air or by train. The nearest airports for intercontinental flights are Frankfurt and Munich, and Nuremberg is served from other European hubs such as Paris Charles De Gaulle and Amsterdam. Nuremberg is only a few hours by train from most of the rest of central Europe.
You can reach the SUSE office in 6 minutes by tram from the rail station by taking the number 8 tram towards 'Thon' from the tram interchange in front of the railway station, follow the square 'Tram' signs. Alight at 'Maxfeldstr' as shown on the signs inside the tram and go to the SUSE office at Maxfeldstr. 5.
From the airport, a taxi will cost 10-14 EUR and takes about 10 minutes. Alternatively, take the U2 metro from outside Arrivals (any train), alight at 'Rennweg', leave the station by the south exit (in the direction of travel, go to the tram stop in the middle of the road on your right as you exit the metro, and get the number 8 tram towards 'Thon' as above.
Maps and ticket details coming soon.
|Aaron Seigo||[email protected]||TBD||TBD||~$1300?||yes||yes||vegetarian||Overall facilitation|
|Marco Martin||[email protected]||19||26||93€||yes||yes||whatever||whatever coding and else, Plasma mobile||Nuremberg (NUE)||In ABB8403 19:20 / Out ABB8403 08:35|
|Ivan Čukić||[email protected]||19.2||26.2||approx €250||yes||yes||whatever||nepomuk activities merging, libfavorite...||Nuremberg (NUE)||In LH3405, LH938 12:05 / Out LH943, LH3402 12:45|
|Artur de Souza||[email protected]||19||26||~1000 euros||yes||yes||whatever||coding, mobile, bug fixing, etc...|
|Nuno Pinheiro||[email protected]||19||24||aprox 250€||yes||yes||whatever||whatever artwork, mobile, planing, etc....|
|Chani||[email protected]||19 (20:16)||26 (11:25)||~$1300||yes||yes||vegetarian||activity management / js / random bugs||In: train. Out: NUE||Out: Delta 9500|
|Martin Gräßlin||[email protected]||19.||21.||0||no||yes||KWin on embedded devices|
|Lukas Appelhans||[email protected]||19. - 18:24||21. - 17:33||~150€||yes||yes||whatever||Quicklaunch-Applet, KGet-Applets, Shaman/Aqpm-Applets, Raptor?|
|Frank Karlitschek||[email protected]||19||26||50EUR||yes||yes||whatever||Social Desktop|
|Dario Freddi||[email protected]||19||22||~150€||yes||yes||whatever||stuff that nobody wants to do, as usual|
|Riccardo Iaconelli||[email protected]||19||21||TBD, I suppose ~150-200€||yes||yes||whatever||plasmoids, art, ideas, fun :-)|
|Sebastian Kügler||[email protected]||19th||26th||~100€||yes||yes||whatever||Power- and networkmanagement, web integration, PIM stuff|
|Davide Bettio||[email protected]||TBD, probably 19th||TBD, I don't know||TBD, I suppose ~150-200€||yes||yes||whatever||TBD|
|Will Stephenson||[email protected]||Local||Local||0||no||no||whatever||Keeping everyone else happy, networkmanagement||N/A||I can see the venue from my kitchen|
|Eugene Trounev||[email protected]||19-11:15||26-11:50||$1,126.97 CAD||yes||yes||no meat. fish, eggs, and milk are OK||various artowrk (like wallpapers), designs and more||Nuremberg(NUE)||In AC9268/Out AC9195|
|Igor Trindade Oliveira||[email protected]||19||26||~800 euros||yes||yes||whatever||coding, animations, netbook etc...|
|Frederik Gladhorn||[email protected]||19.2.||26.2.||~50 euros||yes||yes||whatever||opendesktop integration|
|Martin Zilz||[email protected]||TBD (20.?)||TBD (24.?)||~150 euros||no||yes||whatever||arts, ux, freaky out of the box stuff|
|Luboš Luňák||[email protected]||19||23||~100 euros||no||yes||whatever||KWin|
|Alexis Menard||[email protected]||19||26||Approved by Nokia -> 0||no||yes||whatever||Plasma-Mobile and Qt||Nuremberg(NUE)|
|Friedrich Kossebau||[email protected]||19||26||max. 100 EUR||yes||yes||whatever||Plasmoids (one of): Timeline, Khalkhi (Porting to KDE4), Network devices|
|Adenilson Cavalcanti||[email protected]||20||25||~800 euros||yes||yes||carnivorous||coding, animations, etc|
|Richard Moore||[email protected]||19||24||I'll pay for flight||accommodation only||yes||yes please||silky stuff, api review etc.|
|Sandro Andrade||[email protected]||20th 1825||27th 0955||~1000 euros||yes||yes||preferably vegetarian||plasmoids, data engines, and plasmate interest||Nuremberg (NUE)||In TP7784 / Out TP7795|
|Kevin Ottens||[email protected]||19||26||~200 euros||yes||yes||no seafood||mobile, api review, solid if times permit|
- Laptop/desktop for hacking with KDE trunk on it for: Lukas Appelhans
- Helpful for hacking on the 3 Intel devices (not vital, but would preed thing up especially the ethernet adaptor):
- usb hub (preferably powered)
- usb-to-ethernet adaptor (unreliable drivers for the internal wifi)
- extra storage/file transfer can be done with the ethernet adaptor of with microsd/thumbdrives
- usb keyboards and mice would ease things a bit too since it supports them
- For presentations a video camera would be nice, preferably with a remote microphone. (available in openSuse offices?)
We will be focusing on the KDE SC 4.5 release of Plasma, with a particular attention on feature completion, polishing and quality improvements across the code base. Activities and Plasma Mobile will also be topics of interest.
Oxygen, finishing it up for 4.5 plans for the future.
Opening Day Presentations
- Plasma mobile: State of art (Alexis)
- Plasma netbook: State and road ahead - most important work still to be done (Marco Martin)
- Activities: [Details later] (Chani and Ivan)
- Shaman - Bringing software management into the workspace and into 2010 [if time permits] (Dario and Lukas)
- ZUI replacement in plasma-desktop
- Plasma Mobile
- Plasma Netbook
- Plasma Media Center
- Applet handles as plugins?
- Moving the toolboxes out of libplasma
- Plasma wallpaper scripting
- Focus and drag&drop issues
- Store/load containment layouts
- use of configChanged() in widgets
- reusable widgets for groups of iconized items (like the entries in the taskbar)
- guidelines (with code support) for consistent looking rows of different widgets (e.g. like with bars on the top of the screen, as known from mobiles' UI or the Mac UI)
- Plasma OSD service
Starting on day two we will split up into small groups to focus on specific topics and challenges. The breakout group tracks will start with short presentations designed to share important information about the topic of interest to get everybody up to speed. A schedule for each of the presentations will be posted closer to the start of Tokamak 4.
Some people will stay with a specific track for the duration of Tokamak 4, but everyone is welcome to drift between the different breakout groups to bring their needs and ideas to bear.
- Plasma shells on devices with small screens and designed for mobility. The focus use case will be touch screen driven smartphones.
- Moblin SDK, Marco, Day 2
- Maemo SDK, Alexis, Day 2
- The behind-the-scenes orchestration of environment-wide Activities as well as the UI presentation of them to the user
- Desktop themes, widgets styles, window decorations, icons and more.
- The present and future of the window manager component of the KDE Workspace.
- Areas In Which Plasma Desktop Should Get Out of the Way and KWin Should Step In, Aaron, Day ?
Saturday - thai buffet?
On Tuesday there will be a dinner sponsored by openSUSE at Herr Lenz restaurant
Thursday - End of Tokamak party at Downtown?
On Saturday, we'll have an Open Day at Tokamak. Visitors are welcome to join us that day, and possibly for evening/night-time activities. On Saturday we'll also plan the presentations.