Here you'll find details about the Tokamak3 Plasma meeting in Switzerland.
Disclaimer: This page is work in progress atm!!!
Plasma Meeting Tokamak 3 2009
The third Tokamak Plasma Meeting will take place in Randa, Switzerland on August 28 to September 5, 2009.
The meeting will take place in a Chalet in Randa. Randa is a small village in the middle of the Alpes surround by more the 30 mountains higher than 4000 meters. It's near to Zermatt, a very famous summer and winter tourist place.
There will be several rooms, hardware, wireless and wired LAN and a phenomenal surrounding. See here for some pictures of the house and the panorama.
The Chalet has the following rooms:
- Dining room (size: large)
- Kitchen (size: small)
- Living room (size: medium)
- 3 Bed rooms (size: medium)
- 2 Rest rooms (size: small)
- Basement and garage
- Hallway and stairs
I intend to accommodate up to 10 people in the Chalet. 3 to 4 (depending on your preferences) in two bed rooms. 2 to 3 people in the living room and me and another organizer in the parents bed room. There is a double bed in one bed room (and a special bag couch ;-) and two singles beds in the other bed room. For the rest I'll try (no I will ;-) to organize mattresses.
For additional people I'll either organize an appartement 1 minute away or an appartement further away or some hotel rooms. Depends on your preference below (see and fill the table).
And there is still the possibility for a tent ;-). But, and that's very important in general, take warm clothes with you. We are on 1440 meters over sea!
I'll organize this as well for sure. And some Raclette.
I'll organize a wired LAN and a wireless one. The house has a decent DSL internet connection but I'll see what else I can organize.
Furthermore there should be some icecc infrastructure and special hardware to play with.
In Switzerland we have our own connectors. Please don't forget to bring some adapters. I'll organize some myself.
Randa and Switzerland is in the middle of Europe and as this reachable from several directions. There are three possible airports:
- Zurich, Switzerland
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Milano Malpensa, Italy
From these airports you'll take the trains to reach Randa (which takes approx. 3 hours). Information about the train schedules can be found on the webpage of the Swiss federal railways SFR.
Airport Zurich -> Randa
By train via Zurich and Visp (change the train there). Duration: 3 hours and something.
Airport Geneva -> Randa
By train via Visp (change the train there). Duration: 3 and a half hours.
Airport Milano Malpensa -> Randa
By train via Visp (change the train there). Duration: atm unknown. Still investigating.
Special train from Visp
The track from Visp to Randa is frequented by a very famous train: the Glacier Express which is known as slowest fast train of the world ;-).
And don't forget your walking shoes. What about a Plasma BoF near a glacier ;-).
|Name||TimeOfArrical||TimeOfDeparture||Travel Cost||Sponsorship needed?||Accomodation||Food||Prospective work|
|Mario Fux||[email protected]||20090828||20090906||0EUR||no||n||nothing special||Organization|
|Aaron Seigo||aseigo at kde dot org||~20090828||~20090906||PENDING||yes||whatever||vegetarian||Getting the party started, and rocking the code|
|Davide Bettio||[email protected]||20090828||20090905 (I suppose)||[0, 60] EUR||no||whatever||I don't eat fish and cheese|
|Rob Scheepmaker||[email protected]||20090828||20090905||~120 EUR||yes||n||vegatarian|
|Chani||chani at kde dot org||~20090828||~20090906||yes||vegetarian|
|Marco Martin||notmart at gmail dot com||~20090828||~20090906||~100EUR||yes||whatever||whatever|
|Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz)||asouza AT kde.org||~20090828||~20090906||~1000 EUR (but 80% of this is fine and I can pay the other 20%) :(||yes||whatever||whatever|
|Martin Gräßlin||kde AT martin MINUS graesslin DOT com||20090828||20090831 (perhaps longer)||~140 EUR||yes||whatever||whatever||kwin/plasma integration|
|Ivan Čukić||ivan DOT cukic AT gmail DOT com||20090828||20090906||~350 EUR||yes||whatever (I have a sleeping bag)||whatever||D-Bus interface|
|Your Name||[email protected]||20090w0x||20090y0z||xy EUR||yesorno||n||vegan or vegatarian||Your Topic|
- 1 = single room
- 2 = double room
- x = several people in the same room
- a = small appartement
- t = tent
- u = under the roof
- n = no preference
Please fill in here to topics you want to discuss and hack on.
Even if Switzerland is quite expensive and Zermatt more than ever I want to show you this special village at night guided by some friends. I don't know if we find a karaoke bar ;-).
A friend of mine is right now building his new house and as he's an eletrical engineer he wants to automate his house. I told him about Plasma and he's very interested about the interface. He tries to be there these days so what about the first automated house controlled by or with Plasma?!?
As you can ski in Zermatt even in the summer ...
BTW: Thanks SebastianTrueg for the template ;-).